Cunts on Ghost Bikes

If you adopt a cynical stance on everything you’ll be right far more often than you are wrong.

Bought a new bike last weekend but I aggravated my recurring back injury (herniated discs) the day after. Bought with the intention of cycling to work but I haven’t had a chance yet. Hoping to make my debut sometime this week. A bit unsure whether I’m in the anti-cyclist or anti-motorist brigade now. I’m expecting it will change on a daily basis depending on my mode of transport

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1036980, member: 706”]With me getting on top of the ferritin, more knee surgery is on the cards so I decided to get in some prehab. I got the bike out of the shed and dropped it down to the Bike Hub in Howth thinking they would think I was having a laugh with the cobwebs and grass sticking out of it and the whole thing covered in rust. But no they took it in with a straight face and 24 hours later gave me back a perfectly road worthy and fully functioning bicycle. So I cycled it home yesterday and I went out for a spin today. First time I have been on the bike in three years.

It was a windy day but I set myself the target of going as far as the causeway and then coming back. Into the wind all the way there was a struggle and I occasionally thought about giving up but I stuck at it and it was a doddle coming back with the wind on my back. Very enjoyable spin and the best bit of exercise I’ve had in a long time. I’ll be out again tomorrow weather permitting.

I concluded that all other categories of road users are cunts and not to be trusted. Pedestrians, cyclists and motorists were all given as wide a berth as possible as they all appeared capable of the moment of madness that would inflict a serious injury on me, which I could do without.[/QUOTE]

Where is the Causeway Fagan?

The Causeway on this map is the road that leads to North Bull Island. Full uninterrupted cycle track from here to Sutton. After that you are out on the road. [ATTACH=full]1884[/ATTACH]

I know it well. A lovely cycle. Didn’t realise that was what it was called.

the future is here or at least in Australia

A timely bump for this thread. Some woman tried to assassinate me on the way to work. Cycling in along the canal so it’s cycle lane all the way while the traffic is pretty much stopped. At one stage a car was turning right so some woman tried to swing in left to edge through past it, clearly didn’t check even though there’s loads of bikes passing through and just pulled into the cycle lane as I was coming along. Whacked on the brakes but still bate into the side of the car and the wing mirror. Luckily didn’t come off the bike.

Hope her wing mirror is proper broken. Though she clearly doesn’t use it anyway.

[QUOTE=“glasagusban, post: 1044744, member: 1533”]A timely bump for this thread. Some woman tried to assassinate me on the way to work. Cycling in along the canal so it’s cycle lane all the way while the traffic is pretty much stopped. At one stage a car was turning right so some woman tried to swing in left to edge through past it, clearly didn’t check even though there’s loads of bikes passing through and just pulled into the cycle lane as I was coming along. Whacked on the brakes but still bate into the side of the car and the wing mirror. Luckily didn’t come off the bike.

Hope her wing mirror is proper broken. Though she clearly doesn’t use it anyway.[/QUOTE]

what a cunt, hope you lost the head with her

[QUOTE=“glasagusban, post: 1044744, member: 1533”]A timely bump for this thread. Some woman tried to assassinate me on the way to work. Cycling in along the canal so it’s cycle lane all the way while the traffic is pretty much stopped. At one stage a car was turning right so some woman tried to swing in left to edge through past it, clearly didn’t check even though there’s loads of bikes passing through and just pulled into the cycle lane as I was coming along. Whacked on the brakes but still bate into the side of the car and the wing mirror. Luckily didn’t come off the bike.

Hope her wing mirror is proper broken. Though she clearly doesn’t use it anyway.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Exactly. Wouldn’t you think @glasagusban would have spotted the car turning right and have braced himself that the car behind might nudge into the cycle lane thereby adjusting his speed as necessary? The skill in operating the roads is not in going fast with tunnel vision, it about looking around and anticipating what may happen before it even does.

That poor lady is missing a wing mirror now.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1044808, member: 24”]Exactly. Wouldn’t you think @glasagusban would have spotted the car turning right and have braced himself that the car behind might nudge into the cycle lane thereby adjusting his speed as necessary? The skill in operating the roads is not in going fast with tunnel vision, it about looking around and anticipating what may happen before it even does.

That poor lady is missing a wing mirror now.[/QUOTE]
Exactly farmer. A chap with @glasagusban s lack of road sense shouldn’t be let out on a bike.

I hope the exact same thing happens you on your constitutional cycle this weekend you old cunt, mate.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1044808, member: 24”]Exactly. Wouldn’t you think @glasagusban would have spotted the car turning right and have braced himself that the car behind might nudge into the cycle lane thereby adjusting his speed as necessary? The skill in operating the roads is not in going fast with tunnel vision, it about looking around and anticipating what may happen before it even does.

That poor lady is missing a wing mirror now.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Probably bating along thinking it was a sprint finish in the Tour De France.

Some poor woman is left with a damaged door and wing mirror, while all that @glasagusban is worried about it getting home to upload the footage onto youtube.

A chap with his lack of common sense in general shouldn’t be let out at all.

Not in the least, he should be encouraged to go out, out in front of onrushing traffic.

That’s not very nice.

Post Reported

Young people today have no respect for their elders.

In Swiftcare at the minute. Was out for my weekly constitutional cycle there, was passing the Deerpark and a fellow suddenly turned right. The next car veered left into the cycle lane leaving me with no road. I was thrown off the bike. I think I have broken ribs. That’s all I need.

Fuckin drivers