Cunts on Ghost Bikes

This evening I cycled home through city centre after a long day at work. I cycle often but this evening I found it incredibly invigorating. The wind in my face, darting past the cars parked in the bike lane and the sensation of speed. Knowing that my life could end at any moment on a sharp November evening. So alive. Fantastic.

8 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

Knowing that you are saving the lives of others not blowing exhaust fumes into childrens mouths

2 Likes

Knowing you were safe as your mode of transport wasn’t as fast as a car say, must have been a huge source of comfort to you too.

I tried to remind myself that I had no airbags or protective steel cage and that made it better. It was just so real.

Must have felt like a base jumper

1 Like

love the way that since ive stared advocating for SEGREGATED cycling lanes this has turned into a cycling forum

2 Likes

Watch out @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy. They’re coming for you…
https://mobile.twitter.com/Terrahawk/status/1196902789852680192

O’Connell Bridge?

Lots of discussion about segregated cycle lanes but not enough about proper cycle parking facilities in Dublin. The amount of them hanging off lampposts is a real nuisance for pedestrians. Can you ask at the next GP meeting @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy?

Is there a lack of proper parking facilities or just a lack of parking right outside the place each individual cyclist wants to go.

2 Likes

I doubt there is tbh

We missed a trick not getting some Danish posters on board over the last few days

They would have had endless good ideas

Copenhagen is a cyclist’s paradise

The Gaelic verb “déan” - to do - originally comes from the Viking influence

Both.

Gggrrrrr! Why are there no Dublin City Bike stops on College Green end of Dame Street!? There’s only one in Temple Bar, beside the Central Bank and it’s CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKS!! It’s going to be CLOSED FOR MONTHS!! This in turn means the stop be Dublin Castle is always full up. This is a huge black hole, what the fuck do I pay my subs for? SEETHE!

Their service is really gone downhill lately. I’ve a similar problem in that the one on Barrow street is closed because of Boland’s Mills which means the one beside Arups is empty every morning and full every evening. I keep meaning to send them a strongly worded email.

1 Like

There’s one just off dame st beside the central hotel.

Stroll up to the Treasury Buildings or opposite Fresh in GCD and you’ll have your pick of them

Keep your beak out of this

5 Likes

Yeah I walk to Mount Street or the Treasury but it’s adding nearly 10 minutes to my commute just because these bastards won’t do some runs to move bikes at peak times. I mean what the fuck am I paying €30 a year for?!?!?

1 Like