Cunts that will be rolled out for Up For The Match

And the World Cup Qualifiers highlights programme immediately after Up For The Match leads with it.

A brilliant night.

You surely have the chronology of Up For The Match presenters to hand.

Was it called Up For The Final at one stage?

Liam O’Murchu and possibly Mary Kennedy hosting in 1996 when Wexford were last involved?

Necessary, not hostile.

I seem to remember a dreadful phase where it was rolled into whatever chat show was on RTE on a Saturday night. Think it was post Kenny Live era. Can’t remember who would have been hosting.

1 Like

Now you’re being silly. I believe my anti-Galway comments have goaded you into a childish attempt at a barb.

I look forward to next year Limerick v Wexford final .

2 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyable episode.

Hope it’s a draw tomorrow and they decide to have another UFTM before the replay.

I believe the precedent here is a segment on the late late show as the replay is on a Saturday

It was your weird comments about women that prompted my response. The rest of your posts, anti-Galway or otherwise, are fairly predictable to be honest

3 Likes

My earliest memory is of Liam O’Murchu hosting a programme called “The Final prospects” circa late 80s/early 90s.

I think the name was changed to “Up For The Final” circa early to mid-90s, still with O’Murchu, and continued until, I think, 1997.

In 1998 there was about an hour’s segment on Kenny Live on the Saturday. I have a memory of former Kilkenny hurler Joe Hennessey being involved in some type of Newstalk Off The Ball-style “Crappy Quiz”-type feature on the hurling final edition.

This format I’m sure followed Kenny onto the Late Late Show when he took it over in 1999.

I think the current “Up For The Match” format began around 2001. It was definitely in place for 2002 anyway, first with Mary Kennedy (possibly on her own? - open to correction on that) but Grainne has been there with Des for a good ten years at least now I’d say.

2 Likes

Weird comments about women? What WTF? :laughing:

It was definitely on in 01 as well

Hmmm…
Not to worry pal, there’s people who are well paid so people like you can talk about it

2 Likes

You must be getting very nervous about your chances tomorrow, pal. You’re fierce tetchy.

Incredible post.

Bumped for tonight’s proceedings.

Grainne dressed like a vampire but still very sultry and attractive.

1 Like

Oh Jesus. Cunt, cunt eile, a h-aon, a dó to start us off

Very boring start here.

1 Like

Wtf is Des doing trying to talk up his dancing embarrassment?