Cup Betting

My value bets this week are

Ipswich at home to Pompey @ 5-2.
The Tractor cahnts(I’ve newly become a lifelong Colchester fan) are legend at home while pompey are excellent away but have been very flat of late. Half the Pompey squad might be thinking of the African nations too. Anyway I think 5-2 represents excellent value.

Bristol City to beat Boro @ 7-4 ish(skybet) can’t remember Paddy’s odds)

Bristol can beat anyone on their day. Boro are without Tuncay(maybe), Aliadiere, Boateng, Mido and their centre half Affray. This might mean no goals, no midfield and a leaky defence.

I also have a sneaky feeling that Luton might push Liverpool very hard but I ain’t bet on it yet.

[quote=“Juhniallio”]My value bets this week are

Ipswich at home to Pompey @ 5-2.
The Tractor cahnts(I’ve newly become a lifelong Colchester fan) are legend at home while pompey are excellent away but have been very flat of late. Half the Pompey squad might be thinking of the African nations too. Anyway I think 5-2 represents excellent value.

Bristol City to beat Boro @ 7-4 ish(skybet) can’t remember Paddy’s odds)

Bristol can beat anyone on their day. Boro are without Tuncay(maybe), Aliadiere, Boateng, Mido and their centre half Affray. This might mean no goals, no midfield and a leaky defence.

I also have a sneaky feeling that Luton might push Liverpool very hard but I ain’t bet on it yet.[/quote]

City are 15/8 with Paddy. Don’t see either of those winning to be honest but I’ve not been very good at predicting English matches this year so I’ll take your word for it.

Chasetown are beating Cardiff. Love the cup. Cant predict anything.

Cardiff level right on half time. A cruel blow for the Southern Football League Division One Midlands side.

Don’t let it spoil your birthday Shan.

United losing to Villa will ruin it later. It will be a day remembered always if Chasetown can win it.

Two great spots Juhniallio.

Bristol City at home to Middlesboro at 15/8 (now 17/10) represents fantastic value in my opinion. City are joint top of the Championship with Watford and West Brom, they are all on 47 points. The media have been constantly writing City off all season and been expecting them to fall away, see The Times on December 27th for example after the 4-1 defeat to West Brom, this is depsite the fact that City have lost fewer games than any other team in the division. There’s a great spirit about this team however and they bounced back with a one nil victory away to Burnley, and then again at Ashton Gate they beat Coventry 2-1. I was fortunate to attend this game and City were always in control and for first time in 25 years people are beginning to talk of promotion to the top flight, there’s a real feel-good factor about the club at the moment.

City met Boro in the FA Cup last year also and came from two down at Ashton Gate to draw and Boro only won the replay on penalties. My only worry would be how Gary Johnson treats this game, I’m not sure whether he will play to win or be relieved to get a break from league action and let his players enjoy the match. We won’t know this until the match itself, however despite this, I think City will win.

A quick glance at the home league table for the Championship shows Ipswich 5 points clear with 35 points from a possible 39 points at home, a formiddable record. True Pompey are superb at home, but 5/2 is still great value.

Juhniallio I’m going to join you on this bet with a 20euro double, this will return 189euro with PP. I’ll see you back here at 5pm to talk about what we are going to spend the winnings on.

All of Sky Sports experts on Soccer Saturday have just said that they can’t see Boro winning at the Gate, that fooks that bet then, kiss of death.

What about the so called ‘huge gulf’ between the Premier League and the Championship? I can see one of them winning but both of them is surely pushing it a bit.

Paddy Power weekend double. 5/2 for United and Barca winning today

Cardiff 2.1 up. The class is telling now.

In fairness though Bandage the odds on the double are 17/2, it’s not about being a sure thing it’s about a decent bet at odds you believe do not reflect the real possible outcomes. I’d be very confident of the Bristol City side of the house though, they’ll be in the Premier League next year. Ipswich are the gamble.

True Tinnion.

I’d expect Portsmouth to win at Ipswich if only for the fact they have pace, phsyicality and power around the pitch and won’t allow the home side to play their pretty, passing football.

I’d give Bristol City a great chance though.

Must do a quick little accumulator now actually.

Roy Keane starts Evans against Wigan. Also Waghorn again. The suprise factor is gone now though.

I know I got it a little wrong at the weekend but the results show that the value was there.
In that vein, I think Everton are well overpriced at 4-1 to beat a Chelsea side without Terry, Lampard, Kalou, Essien, Drogba Shevchenko and maybe Cech.

I’ve put them with Schalke to beat Freiburg and the double is 8-1ish

When are Schalke playing Freiburg - presume that’s a friendly?

think so. it’s on tonight.