Curious horsey phrases used by horsey people

Riding 3 year old handicaps.

‘A progressive sort’ - donn McLean

‘Never touched a twig’ - degenerate in a long anorak flush with the confidence of a rare success in life

‘Get up dunwoody’ - small wiry lad with a strong dublin accent and the butt end of a fag sticking out the corner of his mouth

he came with a run from the next parish

He ran a bit green

He’s galloping all over the good horses at home

He’s cast in box

Ran with the choke out

Bit novicey at that one

Stone in hand

spread a plate

The ground was far too tacky for him

He prefers a bit of give in the ground

Going by his breeding he’ll have no problem seeing out the trip

We had to shoot her brains out.

He was a bit big at the hurdles

@Kid Chocolate to his pal @kstand from the clare forum : " take a good look at Paul Carbury’s arse cocked high in the air and he not trying a bit"

i’d say that a position close to your own heart @mickee321 , 2 or 3 months on patrol and a little piece of pretty cork ass like your own must become a prime beef in the Golan heights? right?

is that why he never makes it back from London the filthy fucker, no wonder he cant go to the league matches in Cusack Park

keep the Vaseline in both lockers and you should be ok

Why the long face?

“Lovely shiny shoes hon xxx”

“Hit me one more time you little cunt and ill dance in your jaw”

“I have an awfull horn on me” - Holy Orders seen outside a nightclub in St kilda hours before the Melbourne cuo in 2003.

“This place is a wall to wall cuntfest” - Ansar to himself before the 2006 Galway hurdle

He’s a bit of a monkey

Willie Mullins on about a horse “doing a bit of work at home”. Cleaning out his stable and feeding the other horses no doubt

He didn’t find a lot