Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

We let him play through our group in Woodstock a few years ago, he was fair handy.

Plays off 5. Was down to 2 at one stage.

1 Like

Thatā€™s very good- I know he played the West one year too but had no idea he was 2 .

Heā€™s made a success of pretty much everything heā€™s done over the years, but that drives the naysayers demented.

Youā€™d have to be very low to play in that sure?

And sure heā€™ll already have the jubilee team ticket for next year too.

Davy on All Ireland final day. Box office.

2 Likes

He plays the South in Lahinch quite a bit too I believe. @Raylan

He used to get in alright, usually in one of the reserve spots that locals would fill. Wouldnā€™t be low enough any more

1 Like

Tis easy enough for a lad to get to a 2 handicap when he has no day job and a void of time until about 3pm every day

1 Like

Did he say thanks?

Ah it isnā€™t. A lot of teaching pros and club pros never get to 2

1 Like

A lad I know played a round with him a few years back. Creative accounting was hinted at.

On his score card?

1 Like

The closest heā€™ll get to the Limerick juggernaut next year

Vast majority of fellas could play 7 days of the week and they would never get to 2

2 Likes

Any decent inter county hurler who goes at it properly would get down to 5 or below handy enough

1 Like

Thatā€™s a v different point. And Iā€™d agree most intercounty hurlers who went it at properly would have the scope to get to 5.

Most intercounty hurlers could easily get to 5. One who has scope to play 7 days a week could get to 2.

Wasnā€™t DJ a scratch golfer.

Most could easily get to 5?

Iā€™ve played with a good few and the vast majority have been cack handed plugs who hit it a mile in any pattern

2 Likes