Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

He just needs 3 more years to sort out the problems. You can trust Davy

https://archive.ph/u3hZj

There seems to be a fair web around Davy.

You seem to have an awful grudge against Davy, why is that mate?

He has done more for Clare hurling down the years than most.

Iā€™d be way aways down the list of people with a grievance against the Fitzā€™s

I get on okay with him, but heā€™s Marmite to plenty

2 Likes

The Central Competitions Controls Committee (CCCC) has proposed a four-week ban for Davy Fitzgerald arising from an incident involving referee Liam Gordon at the end of last Sunday weekā€™s Munster SHC clash between Waterford and Clare.

Fitzgerald remonstrated with the Galway match official after a late disputed ā€™65 from Mark Rodgers gave Clare the win in Cusack Park, while the Waterford manager also appeared to be pushed by Clare selector Tommy Corbett, who has been recommended for a similar suspension.

The proposed penalty comes under Rule 7.2 (c), category 11a which covers abusive language towards a match official or disruptive conduct. It remains to be seen if Fitzgerald - whose future as Deise boss is up in the air following last Sundayā€™s Championship exit at the hands of Limerick - will contest the proposed ban.

why couldnt this of been dealt with straight away after the incident last weekend as per a players sending off/suspension. this is a disgrace and the gaa should be ashamed of themselves. deal with it immediately and sternly and help eradicate this sort of behavior going forward.

Whats another year?

my nameā€¦ exactly my point. if davy was to be relieved of his position in waterford and take on another team then they are the ones being punished ā€¦

Its harder get the breaks when youā€™re the smaller fish.

Can someone throw up Tommy Conlonā€™s even handed assessment of Davy from last weeks Sindo. There was some wonderful verbiage used to describe Davy.

9 Likes

Galway is calling for Davy

If Clare want to finally win the all Ireland again, they should bring him back

So it is

Iā€™d be surprised if this isnā€™t already in train

It would be tremendous if he ended up in Galway. He would genuinely be at risk of finding himself in the boot of a car.

13 Likes

I reckon Galway will GET Davy

Youā€™re some roguešŸ¤£

1 Like
1 Like