Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

[quote=“twiceasnice97, post: 850163, member: 1061”]It took until the cork championship match for davy to agree with me about it being better to lose possession through landing it near the opposition goals rather than handpassing it near ours and the limerick match to come totally in to line with giving conor ryan his chance. I would give the man huge credit for having the guts to change his.mind especially while surrounded by sycophantic hangers on like kid and his equals bleating like sheep

Jokes aside he did a fantastic job and that is a great interview. Big change from bollix about what a threat offaly were[/quote]

spot on TAN. Clare’s style of play by the end of year had altered significantly from the munster semi final. kudos to Davy

Some of Davy’s pre match\post match interviews, sideline antics make it hard to like him but he has come across well in recent weeks ( on the late late, various interviews). maybe now he has won the holy grail he might relax a bit next year and ditch some of the nonsense stuff I referred to?

[quote=“twiceasnice97, post: 850163, member: 1061”]It took until the cork championship match for davy to agree with me about it being better to lose possession through landing it near the opposition goals rather than handpassing it near ours and the limerick match to come totally in to line with giving conor ryan his chance. I would give the man huge credit for having the guts to change his.mind especially while surrounded by sycophantic hangers on like kid and his equals bleating like sheep

Jokes aside he did a fantastic job and that is a great interview. Big change from bollix about what a threat offaly were[/quote]

where is the joke mate?

the obsession continues

Houlihan will be remembered as a tramp, it’s not an obsession, it’s just that what he did is not easily forgotten. A Despicable kunt

You’ve totally missed the point of Hogan’s articles. They’re colour pieces to entertain not record stats.

I’d say you’re too simple to grasp this though.

FFS @Kid Chocolate , Houlihan was a good hurler. Okay he roughed lads up & dished hits out but he took plenty of timber too.

+1, pal. It’s weird when auld lads get all affected, hold grudges and remain indignant about incidents from years ago. The players involved probably shook hands at the end of the game and forgot about it.

Agreed, it’s easy spot the lads who never played the sport at any decent level.

he was a tramp of the highest order, they never shook hands, nor will they and it wont be forgotten either. Roughed up lads my hole

Sorry to hear about your hole KC.

it sure is. stick to the big ball lad

Tom Ryan would disagree with your view on Houlihan, as would many people really.

Tom Ryan on Iron Mike Houlihans Return From A Broken Jaw.

We got the team ready for the championship and trained away.Houlihan eventually came out of hospital.Westmeath rang looking for a challenge game so we went out to Ahane and played them.Mike Houlihan was togged out a brave man and the hoor only out of hospital since the previous Thursday.There was blood coming out of his gums and his jaw was still wired up.Seven fucking days later we were going to Cork for the championship.He had a big helmet on him with these big thick bars on the faceguard.Jaysus i said we’ll stick you in at centre back, get a bit of hurling into you and see how you go.He got an awful roasting, got cleaned out,was missing balls the whole lot.They were all there on the sideline saying to take him off.I said nothing and left him hurl away.

Next thing a big fucking row started a mother and father of a brawl.A Westmeath player came up and broke a hurley straight off the helmet and there was a free for all,a bad row.Then they were saying he definitely will have to be taken off now.I would always wait,chance the fucking thing as long as i could.And he pulled off the helmet and fucked it into the next field and jesus christ he started hurling like there was no tomorrow.The fear was gone you see,the row was after getting him going,the jaw was forgotten about.Jesus christ he was driving balls 80 yards up the field,drop striking balls and all that.Houlihan was back.Sure he went down to Cork the following week and walked all over the cunts.

I should clarify…despising anyone who’s ever played for Offaly is acceptable though.

Did they ever catch the bullock that broke his jaw?

Questions on a postcard to AIBP Cahir.

Well if hangers on like you keep bringing it up, I suppose it won’t.

That’s correct. A entity such as Houlihan must always be remembered for what he was, we’ll certainly help ensure that bar stool bollocksology and misty eyed hard man stories will never be confused with what he did and will be remembered for. A great man when his opponents back was turned

:smiley:

Because the Clare team of the 90 were all angels,Colin Lynch more so than anyone never pulled a dirty stroke oh hold on :oops:

This is one shit thread