Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

[quote=“carryharry, post: 850137, member: 1517”]He tries too hard imo.

Christy O’Connor is a much better all round GAA writer, mainly because he played the game & doesn’t need high fluting words to sell a story.[/quote]
I enjoy O’Connors articles, but Hogan is special. His article on the Monday after the Kilkenny v Tipp qualifier clash last July was excellent.

Don’t get me wrong, i read his articles every now & then. They are grand, but it just seems he tries to over sell the matches. He is obviously a good writer but he always tries to dramatize events too much, as opposed to tactically breaking down a game & explaining it to the reader.

It took until the cork championship match for davy to agree with me about it being better to lose possession through landing it near the opposition goals rather than handpassing it near ours and the limerick match to come totally in to line with giving conor ryan his chance. I would give the man huge credit for having the guts to change his.mind especially while surrounded by sycophantic hangers on like kid and his equals bleating like sheep

Jokes aside he did a fantastic job and that is a great interview. Big change from bollix about what a threat offaly were

That[quote=“carryharry, post: 850155, member: 1517”]Don’t get me wrong, i read his articles every now & then. They are grand, but it just seems he tries to over sell the matches. He is obviously a good writer but he always tries to dramatize events too much, as opposed to tactically breaking down a game & explaining it to the reader.[/quote]
His hatchet job on colin lynch and clare on 98 will not easily be forgotten

Colin Lynch was some man for the hatchet jobs.

[quote=“twiceasnice97, post: 850164, member: 1061”]That
His hatchet job on colin lynch and clare on 98 will not easily be forgotten[/quote]

what about Gerry Quinn , the eye surgeon?

He was more eyelash plucker than surgeon there

Yes. He served his apprenticeship with mike houlihan

Cork

Is he fuck.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 850137, member: 1517”]He tries too hard imo.

Christy O’Connor is a much better all round GAA writer, mainly because he played the game & doesn’t need high fluting words to sell a story.[/quote]

I’d say O Connor is on the blacklist with Davy now after declaring Cummins the best keeper of all times in the paper Sunday

No danger there was any Waterford cunt at an All Star function, you can be sure of that

Yeah we only walked off with hurler of the year at those All Stars mixer.

Thats a clamping

Now, now, of course they would have been at the All Stars, I believe it can be deduced that Waterford’s , innocent enjoyment of a lovely night at the 2007 All Stars * led to their disembowelment by the ruthless KK bullies just a short year later.

• By innocent enjoyment read total disregard that 2 other teams actually contested the final
    It actually should have been Limericks place to settle this score as they disrespected them more but Limerick are probably more gentlemanlike than the introverts down around here

Ratified for another 3 years :clap:

Why are you here if this is a thread for non-believers?

As I was once a non-believer

[quote=“twiceasnice97, post: 850164, member: 1061”]That
His hatchet job on colin lynch and clare on 98 will not easily be forgotten[/quote]

Ah look we all know anything around 1998 is not easily forgotten in Clare.

Let Hogan out of it. Sure I thought twas the 3 priests and the munster council were at the root of all evil around 1998

maybe winning the double in 2013 will make it more easy forget about 1998. You can let the joys and sorrows of the 1990s go and change your name to twiceasnice2013

I think Christy and Vincent are both excellent. To be critical of them Christy over does the stats side of it occasionally and Vincent overdoes the hyperbole a bit. To take up your point about breaking down the game and explaining it to the reader. This is the job of whoever writes the match report. That is what Breheny should be doing but he makes a poor fist of it. Vincent Hogan’s article has licence to go outside the match report