Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

It still has a lot of sway in many parts of the country.

Certainly was his (may still be), but he was trying to offload it at various stages over the past few years

I believe this to be the case yes

No but if he couldn’t claim expenses for training sessions he was banned from attending he wasn’t there.

He had a pub in new market that owed about 90k in rates, was that mentioned?

The dogs sleep on a Wexford jersey

From The Indo in May 2’15.

All-Ireland winning hurling boss Davy Fitzgerald has been pursued over debts of more than €40,000, the Irish Independent can reveal.

The high-profile Clare coach was furious when asked about the debts that relate to his pub near Newmarket-On-Fergus.

“When a man is down, it’s just kick him even more. This week, that’s what it seems to be,” he said, referring to his team’s loss in the hurling championship last weekend.

Two judgments were registered against Mr Fitzgerald (43) for debts relating to the Bellsfort Inn pub.

In February 2014, a €35,912 judgment was registered by Clare County Council against Mr Fitzgerald.

It is understood that this is to do with non-payment of local authority rates.

Separately, he owes €4,490 to the Irish Music Rights Organisation (IMRO) in a judgment dating back to September 2011, also in relation to the pub. Mr Fitzgerald said he was “very disappointed” to be asked about the matter, particularly after his team lost to Limerick by one point last Sunday.

“The week we’re after being beaten in the championship and I’m getting hell for leather as it is, and now you’ve decided to do this,” he said.

Mr Fitzgerald insisted that he has come to an arrangement with the local authority over his debt.

“I had meetings with Clare County Council, they know the story and we have met and we have talked about it and we’re going to sort it out between us,” he said.

The local authority refused to comment on the matter.

He confirmed he had not paid back the IMRO debt.

“I haven’t heard anything from them, not a thing,” he said, but added that he would have “no problem talking to them whatsoever”.

The IMRO, which is an agency involved in the collection and distribution of music royalties, also declined to comment.

Mr Fitzgerald was upset to be asked about his financial affairs.

“Listen, I’m getting kicked so f*****g much now that you might as well just write away. Ye know it all,” he said.

Mr Fitzgerald has had a successful GAA career, which includes lifting the Liam McCarthy Cup as Clare hurling goalkeeper on two occasions in the 1990s.

As coach, he led the team to its first All-Ireland victory since then in 2013.

I was close enough

What absolute cunt asked that question

Bono needs to be paid his money so he can free more War Criminals

3 Likes

A limerick man will or Wexford won’t have what Davy has @caulifloweredneanderthal @ChocolateMice

There will be no peace in Munster until Davy manages Limerick, Joe.

He’ll take ye to the promised land

A bad move for him that job is toxic

The big house would sort him out.

1 Like

No one will you know

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Unlimited heartbreak for the cunts are into rugby :rugby_football:

1 Like

Your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth

:joy::joy: