Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

Davy is an alright sort

1 Like

A Wexford GAA Mum speaks out.

3 Likes

That lad was on the radio with Tubbers last week. Old beyond his years.

A fraud for all to see.

1 Like

Roaster cum faces

What a man

Golf shoes?

A staple of the gah management wardrobe

1 Like

Super job of a wet day on the line.

Davy is going no where lads. Fire up the fundraising for next season.

Could have/should have bate the AI champs. Heā€™s not far off. He evolved the system well this year. Attacking wing backs are the future

This was actually in play last year too, Dee O keefe was half back last season but scored from play in every game he played. It gets forgotten about really, but Iā€™ve always maintained that they do actually play quite an attacking game despite utilising a sweeper. Itā€™s only this year that it really got noticed how effective it can be.

1 Like

Much more noticeable this year I thought. I donā€™t think Wexford ran out of legs v Tipp.
I think they just stopped making the runs from wing back and then had no outlet other than through the heavily congested middle. Not sure whether it was a deliberate tactic to hold what they had with the extra man, or if it was a mental thing where lads played more cautious but it cost them. They had the Tipp half back line pinned back until then

1 Like

Dowling to wing back.

To be able to play an attacking game you have to have a sound defensive game. They go hand in hand really.

My own thoughts too. A few players went down with cramp or laces etc and I felt at the time they were trying to slow the game down and hold what they had. Foley was sweeping around the 45/65 but at the end he was closer to the 21. I think they sat back rather than kill them off. But, in saying that, Shaun Murphy went off injured as did Reck, so fitness could easily have been the issue too. Hard to know.

Thereā€™s a poster on here calling for a marquee centre/full forward to be played centre back. He was years ahead of his time with that thought process

It is, Iā€™m sure fitness was a factor but the fact that it just completely stopped, rather than slowed down would lead me to believe it wasnā€™t the sole cause

Wexford v Tipp final 2020

We had attacking defenders in Davys first year. When we beat KK in the Park, Simon Donohue and Matthew Oā€™Hanlon scored. MOH was popping up at wing forward in the Leinster Final with Joe Canning hanging out of his pocket. We just werenā€™t scoring enough with this method until this year. And we didnā€™t have a reliable free taker.