Davy Fitz- a thread for the non-believers

If wexford weren’t too cowardly to let galway play in Leinster across the age groups, we’d need a big cabinet.

I think they place them on each shoulder as chips

1 Like

ah schtap, your seniors cant even get out of leinster, what hope do the tadpoles have?

We don’t know do we.

Yeah i don’t know what the Co. board issue was there, I thought it was cowardly too, when was the last time the issue was revisited?

Couple of years ago iirc. It’s a shame honestly. Galways home ground should be in the east of the county somewhere to facilitate imho.
I’d sell pearse and there’s enough very wealthy people in galway to make up any shortfall if they were confident of the plan and the execution.

Hurling Ground should be in Hurling Country alright…

Never understood the massive re development of Pearse Stadium

I hate to be a stickler, but It’s actually 20 mate, or 80% of the finals they’ve battled through the summer to reach.

1 Like

Davy is not going back to Wexford. Derek McGrath has been approached and is considering it.

Correct, however McGrath has undertaken to complete a thesis on merits of taking over the Wexford team and in 2 years will present it to the members of the panel that have a third level education

5 Likes

Thought it was 20? 20 defeats in 25 finals

26 finals, 20 defeats, 5 wins and a draw

89 semi finals, 22 wins, 3 draws, 64 defeats

they must have had a bye to 4 finals.

1 Like

Remarkable.

The talk in clare last week was that both Davy and Daly met with the Galway county board. Davy demands were a little too rich for Galway’s liking.

Would they not give him the bus fare?

The Galway Board won’t be picking up the tab one way or the other. Nominations have to be in Wednesday evening so it’ll clear itself up fairly soon.

Christ, these Galways lads are even worse than the Limerick ones banging on about Kirby’s fingers.

Davey was a done deal yesterday…will be announced in the coming days…

Which deal?

It involves shares in Supermacs