Deferred matches results thread

Result:
Monaghan 2-10 Roscommon 1-9.

Poor Willie is devastated.

Bump

Was this thread not set up as a pisstake?

Possibly but Sidney seemed to have good intentions. Who would have known it will serve a great purpose.

About a year ago I was nominated five times for COTY 2015 for putting up the result of some deferred match. The bile that was spewed against me was most unsettling.

I vowed that would never happen again.

Rather than harbour grudges and allow this savage hatred from others to possibly resurface again in new and possibly more virulent forms, I decided that the fault lay with a failure of forum infrastructure, and therefore I set up this thread as a sort of Marshall Plan for the forum.

Never would such a catastrophe happen again, not on my watch, anyway.

2 Likes

Great work pal. There’s precious few hurling games on the tv. Or ipad. Why take from the enjoyment. There might be lots of tension in ireland but a bit more watching a game you dont know the result of will do no harm.

:smile:

Half-time in today’s deferred match:

Galway 1-15 Cork 1-9.

Niall Burke and Seamus Harnedy the goalscorers respectively.

Half-time score: O’Loughlin 2-6 Oulart the Ballagh 0-10

Should be a smashing second half. Oulart’s short passing, running, support game is more suited to playing against the breeze while OLG really stepped it up and finished strongly in the county semi-final and final. Shut down Ballyhale completely in the last quarter. They’ve just scored another goal. 3-8 to 0-13.

3-14 to 0-14. Turning into a comprehensive victory when I expected it to go down to the wire.

3-17 to 0-17. FT.

Slaughtneil 0-4 Kilcoo 0-3 latest. 2:30 start.

Slaughtneil 0-9 Kilcoo 0-8.

42 minutes gone.

A terrific tough, tight, tense, tussle in Armagh - no more than you’d expect from the showpiece of the club GAA calendar.

Slaughtneil on the verge.

0-12 to 0-9 up deep in injury time.

And the final whistle blows.

Slaughtneil complete the senior double in Ulster.

Should be a cracking semi-final against Vinnie’s.

Well done Slaughneil.

They also won the Ulster Camogie this year.

They’re playing Rhode in the semi-final, mate.

The Rhode from Derry to Croker goes through Marino, not Offaly, mate.

BUMPED for wexford v kilkenny

4 points up

1-17 to 16