Deli Watch

Where is Joup kid

Bernard the elder was a senior manager Microsoft Dublin in the very early days on the facilities side. Share options.

1 Like

Arent they currently in some legal dispute over a premises in town?

Joup is on the bend of the Ballinlough road (town end)at the end of the one way stretch, not really a deli in the tradition of the statoil garages, does excellent grub although I havenā€™t been inside in a few years, they catered for a communion party I was at last year and it was fabulous.
Bobby Byrnes in Limerick is the best deli counter in the mid west Iā€™d say, youā€™d never get a crunchy sausage roll from the girls in there.

1 Like

Mortonā€™s shits all over Donnybrook Fair. So does Cavistons in Sandycove. Bijou in Rathgar is decent too.

1 Like

The father is a real estate consultant after being involved in a few projects in the UK. However I heard he lost his b*llox in the property crash so imagine this money is in part coming from a third party of which he fronts.

The legal dispute is over McTurcaills which is directly opposite top deli McCabes.

1 Like

Cavistons do good food alright. Mortons is horrendously expensive but decent food.

You say that like itā€™s a bad thing

1 Like

:smile:

Agreed, but Cavistons is at the very top of the spectrum and more expensive than DF

Supposedly, they have Dundrum Hotel & Golf Course in Tipperary bought too.

The latest in a long line who supposedly have bought it. Some fierce shenanigans involved with planning/sewerage when they expanded during the boom. A red tape minefield. The only ones I can see getting rich out of it will be solicitors with conveyance.

Not wrong.

Heard someone thought spraying Round-Up on the 6th, 7th & 8th Fairways to kill off daisyā€™s was a bright idea too recently. After costing a fortune to reseed after said damage.

Live spot of Limerick Hurler Shane Dowling in supermacs on the dock road. I spotted Kevin Downes in a car outside in full Nap rigout. When I went in Shane was at the counter with a bag of ice and loads of biscuits, at leaSt 3 different things including a six pack of blue snacks.
As he was concluding his business he shouted over (nicely) to your man behind the supermacs to give him a snack box. There was something a bit sad about it, as if he was trying to stay off the shit but couldnā€™t when it was in his face, he got nothing for Downes.
I like Shane but I feel it my duty to report this. :confused:

11 Likes

Is he the gpa cunt? Is this what the millions on nutrition is going on?

He was buying ice, biscuits and blue snacks in Supermacs?

1 Like

Itā€™s in a petrol station, the one where @ChocolateMice buys his wine.

4 Likes

A top class establishment.

2 Likes

The deli itself isnā€™t hectic in my experience, Iā€™ve had a few carelessly-made spicy chicken fillet wraps from there, real 3/5 affairs. The Dow made an excellent choice going for a snackbox instead.

2 Likes

Canā€™t agree.

I got rode (over charged) there once during the Celtic Tiger and never went back again.