Diego Maradona Appreciation Thread

Forget about it

2 Likes

Tottenham Hotspur and the England national team.

There is something special about a flawed genius and there were few with the flaws and none with the genius Diego had. A short, stocky, hopelessly one-sided boy from the poorest of the poor that conquered the world only to blow it all on his many vices. Calling him the greatest of all time doesn’t even do him justice. He was larger than life in everything he did.

6 Likes

:+1::+1:

Send that to Village Magazine

2 Likes

I think that Maradona is probably the most skillful sportsperson of all time, in any sport.

He is also the most adored, after Muhammed Ali.

In Brazil, football is a religion. In Argentina, Maradona is a religion.

1 Like

Maradona arrives in heaven-

FB_IMG_1606341870304

FB_IMG_1606341857158

Zlatan saying he’s not dead as Diego is immortal

1 Like

A sad day. Remember him at the 82 World Cup, he was kicked rotten. That clip of his moments in the 86 World Cup is sensational.

Ye did. Barely heard mention of it since…

2 Likes

The death of a football player from a slum in Buenos Aires the lead story in almost every news outlet in the world the top story in the middle of a series pandemic. Unquestionably the Greatest of all time.

4 Likes

Head wasn’t right in 1982. Galtieri and the war mongering junta surrendered in the Falklands on the opening day of the 1982 World Cup. Argentina lost their opening game of the tournament same day to Belgium. Never got going in that tournament after that.

If Jerusalem had a football team back in 18AD and the Lord Jesus Christ himself played for them, I doubt he’d have been better than Maradona.

1 Like

Delicious. They don’t move a masthead lightly

1 Like

He pulled a real dirty one V Brazil when the whole thing got the better of him . It was really nasty and he saw red . I vaguely remember it .

He atoned in 1986.

He was brilliant in 1990 too but the legs were going

Unreal assist for the Cannigia goal to eliminate Brazil

2 Likes

Caniggia was a savage player

The Brazilian player brained an argentinian lad and Maradona reacted.

Both should have got reds. Argentina were 3 down weren’t they

Ya they were getting a hiding . I have no recollection of the Brazillian pulling a dirty one - that team were a bit soft .