Directions From Dublin Airport

If you can’t flash the badge and hop straight to the top of the queue you’d have to even wonder what the point of the badge even is.

1 Like

Gatwick is a mighty airport.

The badge isn’t a toy mate

2 Likes

I was there at 7am on Saturday, heaving but through in less than 25 minutes, a rolls Royce of an airport like Shannon

2 Likes

Flew out of Faro this morning, one of the transfers was over 40mins late, so thought we’d be cutting it tight, but luckily the queues for security and passport control moved well and we were airside 30 mins before the flight.

Enjoyed seeing the “EU/Irish” passport line flying along while the “Other/UK” line was snaking up the stairs.

6 Likes

How hot was it ?

Inland was starting to see temps hit the 40s but down by the coast was around 30. Think it might have hit mid 30s on Sunday. Just about managable for me.

1 Like

It’s the heat at night that is a killer

Our apartment had aircon so was a big help.

There was ash landing on the ground this morning from wildfires that were burning about 20km away

2 Likes

What part were you staying ?

Albufeira

Lovely beach

Just in from Albufeira. Thought we were very lucky to be landing 25 mins early at 1:30. 10 mins taxiing to gate and, so far, another 20 waiting for someone to open the gate the let us off!

Edit: hit tarmac at 1:30. Finally off plane at 2:25. Departures absolutely thronged

1 Like

We’ll @Batigol what’s the situation there these days,I’m flying out in the morning at 8.Much delays?

No it’s much improved.

1 Like

Jaysus lad there’s woeful queues for grub here.Everywhere is packed.

What about the jacks? blocked up?

Zip me up before you go go.

It turns out the delay getting through security wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. Fixing that just means you are in the cattle crush for longer.

1 Like