Do you do the lotto?

This is one of my big pet hates. I can’t get over the amount of apes who do the lotto.

Where is the local GAA lotto option Dunph?

the national lottery is a tax on the innumerate

Piss off Puke this is just the national lotto, but now that you mention it i’m not as opposed to the local one’s as at least the money is going to a good local cause.

To be honest I don’t even know how many numbers you’re supposed to pick. I just don’t get a bang out of the Lotto. It’s so dull.

The Mackey Draw on the other hand…8 a month for the chance of getting your name into the Leader. That’s entertainment.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]To be honest I don’t even know how many numbers you’re supposed to pick. I just don’t get a bang out of the Lotto. It’s so dull.

The Mackey Draw on the other hand…8 a month for the chance of getting your name into the Leader. That’s entertainment.[/quote]

Is the Mackey Draw still going? It’s been around a fair while, i remember they used to give out a car every month is that right?

Yeah a car or 14 bags of sand a month, your choice. Money well spent in the fight against thugby. :smiley:

It’s now the Limerick GAA Development draw, but it’ll always be the Mackey to me.

Quite correct.

There’s an aul fella in the Cherry Tree who spends the first 10 minutes of every conversation of a Friday giving out about the lotto.

I’m not a simpleton so that means I don’t do the lotto.

Seriously though, it’s gas whenever I’m down in Wexford in the old pair’s gaff.

Bandage Senior will be checking the lotto numbers on Aertel and then will come out with the line, ‘They’re really terrible numbers this week.’

Here, it’s a fucking lottery by definition, the numbers are random, and there’s no such thing as good or bad numbers.

Christ.

i won a substantial amount on the lotto plus back in 06 & it paid a huge chunk of my mortgage

for that im eternally grateful

2 Likes

There is a school of thought though that says they’re good numbers if they’re under 31 - ie. they’re birthdays. Stupid though, the sheep in the office were doing it today and myself and the bird opposite me declined the opportunity to get involved and they looked at us as if we’d two heads or something. “Why are yo doing it this week if you don’t do it every week?”. “It’s 100 million this week”. Oh right. I mean, where would you begin?

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Yeah a car or 14 bags of sand a month, your choice. Money well spent in the fight against thugby. :wink:

It’s now the Limerick GAA Development draw, but it’ll always be the Mackey to me.[/quote]

I love the mackey. I’m in it twice I think. Can’t wait till I win a Corsa.

I do the national lottery on an odd occasssion. Not more than 6 times a year.

I won 250k on the lotto plus 2 draw last year, am I simpleton?

You certainly come across as one:D

Clyde? :wink:

You are if you’ve created 60+ aliases on AFR.

What’s AFR:rolleyes:?

It’s one long rambling monologue from this guy who’s always threatening to ban himself.

Nothing wrong with spending a few quid on the lotto every week. No harm in having the dream of winning enough to be able to buy a house outright and having no mortgage to worry about. A pipe dream I know but I don’t see why you have such a problem with the lotto Dunph.
Then again people who buy scratch cards(my auld lad for example) really bug the shit outa me so each to their own I suppose.