Documentaries worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCh6tTnq7o

Interesting doc here on the 50’s border campaign and the inbetween years of the Ra -with interviews and opinion from multiple Vols. involved.

Well worth a watch despite some tan-centric commentary.

cc @Fagan_ODowd @TreatyStones @Nembo_Kid @Tim_Riggins

3 Likes

Presume its been mentioned before but “The Jinx” is outstanding

2 Likes

The Farthest, about the Voyager spacecraft on RTÉ 1 now.

1 Like

This starting on TG4 now

2 Likes

‘When Football Changed Forever’

The full story of the 1991-92 football season when Leeds United won the title, when the top flight clubs plotted to break away and form the Premier League, when Alan Sugar took on Greg Dyke over the TV deal, and when Donald Trump did the Rumbelows Cup draw.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3l_ONgE6jzs

2 Likes

I’d forgotten Quinns volley from the one two with Brightwell, sublime :clap:

Not to mention his chip in the 4-0 against Leeds.

Quinny :clap:

Quinner was top class for a few months around then, I’d say that was close enough to the night he cushioned that goal in at Wenbley.

Kenilworth Road has changed one bit, literally

Which bit Ray?

No bit dancing

This should be decent when it comes out.

I enjoyed the short Doc “Long Shot”.

Which again exposed the unbelievably racist and flippant approach to policing in US

1 Like

Watched this tonight, really good story, it’d make you think about miscarriages of justice alright. Great work by the defense lawyer

TAWAI - A voice from the forest | Official Trailer | A film from Bruce Parry

I got to see this last night. A very reflective & thoughtful piece. Its quiet different to his previous material. Its clear from its structure that rather than just documenting a topic of anthropological interest, the aim hear is to stir the senses, our consciousness, into action.

Watch @Matty_Hislop suggestion of Klief browder story.

As bad and overall worse

The new Vietnam documentary series currently on RTE and Bbc4 (Mon nights) is well worth a look

1 Like

What I liked about Long Shot was its brevity, 40 minutes, story told, even got an A lister in on the case!

1 Like

Ken Burns makes great docs

1 Like

Martin Sheen was raving about them on the recent West Wing Weekly Pod, must check them out