Does anyone here actually really like their work? PS please could you give a clue as to what you do if so

Tradesmen are the new upper class. Fire a few tools in a van, minimum investment, no boss unless you want one etc

5 Likes

I like my job, in spite of the giving out I do

1 Like

Irish foreign affairs are as relevant as the Irish space agency.

5 Likes

How did that go?

She turned around to him and said, listen here Mike…wait a minute…Mike…Mike Hunt…Mike Hunt…MIKE HUNT…I just got it!

Yes as it keeps me sane
Turn on Spotify or radio and blast away
Decorating ( not papering) is therapeutic
Numbs the brain ( what’s left of it)

:relaxed::relaxed:dunno about that

Plumbers and tilers yep
Granddaughters fella just qualified as a spark
e1400 a week in Dublin
Nearly 3 times his Derry wage’s
Long days but digs are paid for

Tiling is a hateful carry on though…breathing in dust all day. Plumber or electrician- always in demand, straightforward work, name your price

2 Likes

:ok_hand:you got it

@flattythehurdler he’ll figure it out in time.

What he goes to college to do at 18/19 might not be what he’s doing at 25, 35, or 45.

I like my job. I don’t love it. I probably prefer my side hussle work, but making a stable living out of that wasn’t going to happen.

1 Like

My two cents @flattythehurdler . Get him into a trade or some qualification. Hes done the sites and genuinely doesnt give a fuck. He could labour for the next few years not giving a fuck or he could work as an apprentice for the next few years, not give a fuck and come out of it with a trade. Cos if he hits college not giving a fuck he may well just drift through that too.
Or get him into some it or banking type course if he likes that sort of stuff. The handyness of being very employable should not be underrated.

I went and did a job i loved and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Was very easygoing, had it handy and never once thought of the future. Travelled and enjoyed myself with mrs j. Spent all my money. Turned 30 had kids and was in a desperate slog for a few years for cash. Myself and mrs j could have saved ourselves so much heartache if we’d copped on to some life basics a few years earlier.
Basically, its a lot easier to give up being an accountant to chase your dreams as a fire-breathing mime artist than the opposite.
He’s easygoing and likely to remain so. Having a definite number to fall back on will make it ten times easier for him to enjoy all the other shit in life that he’d like to enjoy but doesnt know yet.

11 Likes

Leave him be… it’s his life to figure out … you just create the platform and the platform you’ve created makes most his problems first world ones…he’ll be grand …

4 Likes

Tell him to stay out of debt. That way he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

2 Likes

The number one thing he should do is not get a girl/boy pregnant in the next 10 years. After that, he’ll be grand.

7 Likes

What would you want him to do in Galway or Limerick? How do you think he’d get on living on his own and not being able to come home every weekend or every other weekend in first year?

I don’t think many people love their jobs. I know a couple (academic, pilot, teacher). Feeling like you’re doing something useful or that helps people and being interested and feeling like you’re good at your job and are valued and that it enables you to pursue whatever else you want or need to do in life is probably as good as it gets for most people I think.

1 Like

Well from my experience, loads and loads of people settle near where they went to uni. I’d like to see them both settled in the west. Sin e really.

Show him some videos of the house parties in college court. Motivation enough for any man

7 Likes

I doubt he’ll have any shortage of ladies. He looks like his mum.

1 Like

Does his mum look like Brad Pitt?

His brother, Arm.

1 Like