Does whiskey go off after its been open for a bit?

You could also buy these two lovely bottles together for well within your budget:

By the way, I had a glass of Red Spot last night (in a pub that has the whole Spot range without being too up themselves about it). Delicious but unusual, because it is an unfamiliar combination of richness and dryness. This whiskey is quite tannic, I thought, but not unpleasantly so. Rich deep flavours. Brought to mind crystallized fruit. More like Yellow Spot than Green Spot but not really like either of them.

Pub charged me preferential rate of €12, since it was first shot out of the bottle. Should really be €17/18.

The bad news is that Red Spot appears to be sold out online. Not sure how many bottles were released. Could be that flippers have bought up rakes of bottles, hoping to create an artificial rarity. My friends who have the pub told me there were six bottles for the whole of the town. They got two of them.

1 Like

I enquired about it in Mitchell’s in the CHQ and they had none. They said they might have some in January.

Thanks. I see Mitchells are accepting pre orders online for January. Had no idea bottle numbers would be so tight…

Whisky is the new bitcoin.

Was in The Marker in Dublin yesterday afternoon before going to the Bord Gais theatre for Les Miserables. I mistakenly thought it was a show about some of the inhabitants of The Free Kick!

Redbreast 21 yr old at E19 a shot!

Had a very nice Teeling Small Batch for E6.90 instead.

1 Like

Lovely whiskey. 32 British pounds with a tin box and two nice heavy glasses.

1 Like

Where from?

I’ve seen in in a few places. Kellys in Magherafelt have it.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Shopping---Retail/KCellars-Off-Licence-Castledawson-Magherafelt-Moneymore-Toome-497868240355674/%3Flocale2%3Den_GB&ved=2ahUKEwiXuK2IpZPfAhVBt3EKHYvhAZIQ_UUwAHoECAEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0spv6rkJ5Cg5qt_860ct5C

I picked up a bottle of this today. Thanks for the tip. It’s in Super Valu for 40. It’s outstanding value.

1 Like

I picked up a bottle today…there was 5 left on the self… There was a chap reaching for one as I arrived and his wife was there saying how great a deal it was and I dropped it about it being the last day of the sale, all knowledgeable like, and the wife went and cleaned the last remaining 3 bottles off the self.

Unreal scenes.

1 Like

She’ll regret that when she’s picking her teeth off the floor in the morning

13 Likes

With broken fingers…

Any of you lads ever drink Dewar’s White Label?

Tesco update;

jameson 23e, no change
powers 20e, *until 16 December
Crested 27e, no change
Black barrel 35e, up 5
caskmates 30e, no change

3 Likes

O’Briens

Jameson 23e
Green spot 50e
Yellow spot 70e
Crested 25e
Black barrel 39.95
Black barrell
caskmates 31.95

1 Like

This crowd have it in stock for 90 quid. They haven’t bothered putting it on their site
https://www.mcswiggans.co.uk/category/whiskey/page/5/

Merry Christmas to me.

3 Likes

There’ll be some savage late night posting over Christmas.