Dogs, Ireland's Shame

You do careā€¦deeplyā€¦

I know. Best of luck with your new life.

For those interested, I believe RTE has a show tonight on dangerous dogs. Dreadful stuff Iā€™d imagine. blllaahh blahh my lovely dog Shadow wouldnā€™t hurt a flyā€¦bollox ā€¦ my pitbull ruby thought it was a game. Iā€™d say thereā€™s some abuse of dogs going on in backarse shitholes of Ireland like Portlaoise.

All recent scientific evidence points to breed of dog being irrelevant. I met some pitbulls in Oz that were complete slobs. A neighbouring Rothweiler is the same, my German Shepard is a fucking joke of a slob.

The problem is they are generally the smarter breeds so are easier for unscrupulous owners to abuse or train to be agressive.

These dangerous dog list councils have now are a farce.

Iā€™m off to Mount Oval villageā€¦plenty of space around there for Bradyā€¦ isnā€™t there a nice walk behind Garry-duff that loops around by the Rochestown inn?

I find MO depressing. Lived there for a while about 12 years ago. Good location though.

But Ya that area in general has plent walking areas. Not too far from Monkstown, Currahbinny woods etc as well.

Do sheep / farm dogs fetch much money in Ireland? I was reading a thing a few years ago here about a sheep dog that sold for $80000.

I heard of a border collie in UK fetching Ā£10k and being the worldā€™s most expensive sheepdog. That was a few years ago, but donā€™t think anyone is mental enough to spend that sort of dough on a dog! Then againā€¦

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MnfhS-ajKqg

1 Like

A classic

I think I may have added an extra 0 in my above post in error, I meant $8000.
However, hereā€™s a dog that sold for $12000 - a Kelpie, wonderful dogs, @caoimhaoin Iā€™m sure youā€™ll agree.

jack russells are great

1 Like

Iā€™ve three springer spaniels. Top top dogs.

1 Like

Awesome dogs. Stayed on a farm with a load of them one christmas, saw them work. Very proud and loyal.

Very nice dogs. 3 of them would leep the house going in electricity if you could wire them up.

2 Likes

ha two of them are excellent hunter the third fucker is turning into a proper house dog. Very playful, excellent retrievers and Iā€™ve never seen them snap which is great if you have kids around.

2 Likes

House sitting a lab puppyā€¦little cunt is a pissing and shitting machineā€¦ Itā€™s putting me off getting one. Cats are much, much easier.

1 Like

Heā€™s falling asleep on my lap here thoā€¦maybe I will get one.

3 Likes

Welcome to the world of dogs. They soil like no manā€™s business, but they wonā€™t eat you like a cat would. I have one of each to balance it out.

Iā€™ve had that argument put to me beforeā€¦if I died in the morning my cat would eat meā€¦big whoop, if I had to,Iā€™d ate the cat.

I think sheā€™d ate you even if you were not dead. Donā€™t get me wrong - cats are great.