Dolores O'Riordan, Nembo getting increasingly demented, fascinating to watch

So, am I getting this right, a load of strangers turned up to the wake?

In all fairness, Linger is as perfect a pop song as I’ve ever heard. I suppose it was a bit like Flann O Brian and At Swim Two Birds. They were never going to better their first work, because it was a thing of perfection. That can weigh heavily on artists.

5 Likes

they stole the strings on that from Lloyd Cole and the Commotions

don’t see how you can call it the most perfect pop song. Decent, but there’d be loads in front of it

the most significant thing about that song for me was that it was the first international hit by a band/singer with a distinctly Irish singing voice. Van Morr, Bono, Phil Lynnott, Sinead OC, Sharkey etc could be from anywhere when you listen to them sing
I was in a shop in Mexico when I first heard that song and I remember doing a double take, the Limerick accent.

1 Like

Glad we cleared that up :grin:

I thought it was awful dirge myself.

1 Like

But you think Hozier is better :joy:

Never said that.

Matty is a Gaiety Investments lackey

Zombie was just blasted out there in Foxborough.

4 Likes

You stupid fuck.

Firstly, you don’t have to like a band to realise their global size. The fucking undertones were not bigger than the cranberries. And I’d like both of them much the same, which wasn’t exactly much. They were both grand.

Secondly, you waded into a comment not directed at you and stuck your big feet in. @Cicero_Dandi is noted for his particular stance on absolute facts so it was a little friendly jibe at that.

Go back and watch some children’s stick hockey and don’t mind this place.

Zombie played when patriots scored touch down in equivalent of super bowl semi final. Massive band no doubt about that

1 Like

the pretend lads don’t like because she sang a song about warrington

4 Likes

Oooft

What other songs did they play?

? A slight over reaction perhaps?

Bon Jovi’s living on a prayer got a good outing

1 Like

:grinning:

If you think so pal. Sure it’s all just a bit of shite talk on here. If you want to take it as a serious discussion, feel free to do so.

2 Likes

You never quite know what will tip this place over the edge. Dolores did it twice in a week. Box office

2 Likes

It’s strange because there’s No Need To Argue.

1 Like