Drink Driving

Random checkpoints for drink driving are not legal in England I don’t think. I think that the peelers have to have a reason to pull you over, though obviously they can come up with anything.
As against that, you’d be unlikely to be let off like senon if you were caught. He would certainly lose his TV position over here, and possibly they would try to remove hi from his teaching job.

Informative. He’s no georgie all the same.

Ah that’d be funny if it wasn’t so fucking tragic. Lucky cunt.

As bad a ready up/ fuck up as I’ve seen.

All fun and games until you plough into someone. I’m sure a great laugh was had afterwards.

The Judges/Gardai/Politicians (delete as appropriate) really sending out mixed messages re: Drink driving. We just had a week of coverage of that lad in Laois and how it’s unacceptable behaviour and then the judge here dismissed the case basically because it would appear he couldn’t be arsed waiting for a Supreme Court ruling.

2 Likes

The legal profession ladies and gents.

The funny thing is, I never even think of doing it in England. I respect the country too much. In Ireland it’s a way of life

8 Likes

Thats beautiful, how one man can outgrow an entire country. You’re an inspiration.

It also helps when you’re not driving 6/7 miles in North Clare to get to the local pal.

Surely you have a pal that lives closer than 6 miles away?

I think you misunderstood my post there pal.

Sidney would hardly understand what friends are

:grin: Bit harsh pal.

Incredible that I’ve missed this thread…

Anyway: About 20 years ago a “neighbour” of Boxty’s was “jogging” homeward from the Mart in Mohill when apprehended by a pair of young Gardaí just finishing their shift. There were lighting issues with his trailer (not uncommon) but the whiff of circa 12/15 pints of porter stirred their antenna…

Lets call him Paddy for the sport…

Whatever ensued between the squad car and the tractor, Paddy leapt into the Garda car and arrived in the Abbey Bar in Fenagh about 8 mins. ahead of the pursuants - enough time to be opn his 2nd half-one…

A pair of ruddy faced Gardaí approached the building (hard to miss with the Squad car outside) where a Stand-off to beat Banagher ensued.

In terms of 25’'s (to exclude the likes @ChocolateMice ) a sworn trick.

4 Likes

You’d know there’s an election on the horizon when this clown starts to get air time

1 Like

What a bollox, the face of what is wrong with politics in this country.

It’ll be a thing of the past soon enough

No excuse for spilling anymore