Drink Driving

If you lit a candle at mass last Sunday, you’d know it’s Christmas and not Xmas

3 Likes

Was with a lad last week who had acquired a breathalyser for himself. He’d been on the lash the night before and stumbled into bed around 4am. He was still 3 times the limit at 3pm the next day.

Amusingly the cops stopped us in the morning on the way to the session but thankfully no sign of them on the way home.

1 Like

I have one myself. Rule of thumb from using it is you need about average 10 hours from last drink to be clear. Can be an hour or two more - what kills is late drinking as system doesn’t start to clear. I was on a heavy one last week til 4.30am and at 1.30pm was twice limit. Was fine by 3.30.

On the m50 or on slip roads? Didn’t think they could do check points on motorways

On actual m50. I thought it was roadworks as cones for a km or two to reduce to one lane. Then a checkpoint. I was in a rush so went up a slip road and another checkpoint there. I was waved through.

A checkpoint on a motorway causes a lot of traffic delays is my beef with it. You are unduly delaying law abiding citizens on off chance of catching somebody “morning after”.

1 Like

They’ve done them on the M50 before. More a show of force than anything

They had one a few weeks ago on the M7 near Moneygall at 10 o’clock in the morning, must have been 30 garda incl ARU, everyone was breathalysed from what I could see.

They got 4 drivers.

Saw 2 (two) more wrecks on my travels.

It was an exhilarating experience. Iv been cock the hoop all day.

1 Like

Just seen the ad where a little lad was killed by a drink driver. These lads that drink drive must be awful stupid cunts. I’d say the lad responsible had done it before and probably bragged about getting away with it.

11 Likes

My next door neighbour was killed by a drunk driver when I was a young lad, a 19 year old girl, ultimately destroyed the lives of her parents as well.
Middle aged lads bragging about drink driving are beyond sad really.

22 Likes

A relative of mine was involved in an accident earlier this year which unfortunately involved a fatality.

When you see up close the emotional pain caused by such a thing, you wouldn’t dare do anything which could impede your driving. Lives are destroyed as a result of them.

1 Like

drink drivers should be banned

4 Likes

Jaysus

Shocking

I’d say that never happened but it’s a convenient story to be able to produce in fairness.

6 Likes

It happened alright, even if it didn’t it’s not like drunk drivers aren’t one of the most dangerous sections of society, far worse than Irish Muslims anyway

Imagine the danger a drunk Irish Muslim behind the wheel of a car would be…

Would they be any worse or better than middle aged men who buy and consume illegal drugs that are the by product of international criminality that kills thousands of people every year?

I don’t follow the relevance.

1 Like