Drink Driving

Will you be able to have a few pints over the festive period Mike?

I will surely kid

16 Likes

Good luck Mike. Have a good xmas.

1 Like

Just arrived in Limerick. Not a guard to be seen

Back in Cork — not a speeding van or garda car to be seen on the way up and back from Limerick

There was a van parked by Banogue about half twelve, I’m making the opposite trip, just down with the mother for a few hours and heading back to Limerick shortly

That’s a shame mate, we could have passed each other a long the way and I could have given a v sign and shouted ‘up your bollox’ out the window at you

3 Likes

Safe travels

2 Likes

Is there a law regrding the accompanying driver for a learner with regards being over the legal limit?

The father was telling me early of a story he heard at work during the week.

Father and Son (learner driver) went to the pub for a few drinks on a particular Saturday night. The son was driving and he went in to the pub and had a few minerals while the father had a few pints. Few hours later they leave and the son proceeds to drive home. They meet a checkpoint and the guard notices the L plates up on the car and confirms with the son that he is a learner driver. Guard then says he’s going to do the son for driving without a full licence driver to accompany him. The Father (who’s after a few pints) then says he’s the accompanying driver. The guard responds by saying well that’s fine so. I’ll have to do the 2 of ye so. 5 penalty points each they got :open_mouth:

Oh. I’d be on to a brief about that one straight away.

That is the law. You can’t be three sheets to the wind if you are the accompanying driver.

2 Likes

Would that not just mean he effectively didn’t have an accompanying driver? I’d be surprised if there was an offence of accompanying while intoxicated.

Edit.
Apparently, the owner of a car can be fined for allowing a learner drive unaccompanied.

Went drinking while injured

Pray for @Tassotti

1 Like

More like the work of Fintan,

Why would you take coke and weed together?

Might have been either trying to sober themselves or even themselves out?

What goes up must come down

1 Like