Driving-getting started

Yeah I’d rather go private myself. At least with that it’s safer.

Half thinking as well of applying for HGV course if this goes well. Kind of sickened I didn’t apply for HGV/Coach course. But happy out I got what I got.

you got your CPC exam very early didn’t you. Mines not for a fortnight yet. First responders end of May.

If you can make a crust on the bus and like it stick with it. You can wear a nice shirt and tie on bus. Looks silly on a HGV driver

3 Likes

After I did my theory test I did the CPC case study. I noticed a few bus companies had wanted that done, so I went ahead and did it. Is that what you’re doing? If it is it’s handy out, just basically all the theory test into 30 questions or that. It doesn’t really make sense, because the theory test is 100 questions, and need to pass with 74 correct answers, that should be enough.

ahh I have the HGV CPC’s 1-5 done with the case study but because I’m adding D to the licence I have to do a separate case study and practical for the D. That’s all free in the course. :smiley:

Sure happy days! Maybe I might get a few days off anyway :joy:

1 Like

Safe travels @Pirlo and @maurice_brown

Mossy - you can drive the Ratoath bus to Anfield as we embark on greener travel alternatives @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

11 Likes

:heart::heart::heart: I’ll never drive alone

11 Likes

Be sure and label it up well.
Oh , and don’t leave it unattended.

1 Like

Best of luck in the career change pal

1 Like

Cheers my man, can’t wait to get going.

4 Likes

Get yourselves in to Bus Eireann and look out for the ‘spare’ driver gig in one of the bigger stations. They’re the cover in case there are drivers out sick. Top up your salary by joining in the card game in the rec room.

For me to join Bus Eireann I have to drive an hour in the morning down as far as Ferrybank in South Kk, do the routes around Waterford and then I’ll be thought of to do the Wexford routes. No thanks. Be handy for the lads in the cities mind you.

1 Like

Too much of a commute after a day’s driving alright. Best of luck with it anyway and same to you @maurice_brown

2 Likes

Driving yanks around on tour is an absolute licence to print money

5 Likes

Was on a CPC with a lad who has it off to a fine art. He always carries a couple of buidéals of Jimmy in the luggage compartment and a case of plastic glasses. He serves them out as the yanks get back on for their trek back to the hotel. Gets on the mic and starts ‘‘I will take you home Kathleen’’ amongst other comealya hits.
Chit ching €€€€€€.
Doesn’t work for the winter, lives on his wages that he hasn’t touched over the summer.

11 Likes

You might get the gig for Kloppos open top bust tour yet.

If nominated by my Rathoath peers I would be honoured to be considered but I would have to check the schedule of the Galway United Supporters bus.

1 Like

Theyd fit in a cab

Shamrocks supporters are mostly in CAB

5 Likes

Driving Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons