Driving-getting started

When he fully grasps the difference between your and you’re he’ll be hard held.

3 Likes

This is gone like mumsnet

2 Likes

Fair play to @flattythehurdler for christening his child after a Galway legend from their golden era

Currently studying for my bus theory test. Passed the car driving test in 2020. Fairly much the very same questions bar a few added in.

7 Likes

Do the CPC theory while you’re at it.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll be doing that after the theory test. I heard that’s straightforward enough. There’s things on the app to study it alright, will be doing that also.

Check about the CPC walk around test, its a separate 30 mins test before they issue you the card.
Money racket

1 Like

I waltzed in to the theory test and realised after a few questions I should probably have read the book beforehand. Fucking questions about tractors and cyclists.

FAIL

Them scooters are an absolute curse. Seen a father on one with his son, no older than 8 on another one there today going along a very busy road. Surely they should be regulated soon. No way should an eight year old be one one on a busy road.

2 Likes

The nephew passed the test there. :clap::clap: My work is done.

20 Likes

Will he be dropping you to gigs now?

I broached the possibility and he replied “oh yeah my dream has come true”. In truth he’s heading out foreign for a year now in a couple of weeks so it won’t make a difference to me.

1 Like

CPC case study passed! Onwards to the lessons :muscle:t2:

13 Likes

Got on Bus driving course. Another poster got on it also thankfully. Course over 12 weeks, funded and can also work part time nicely enough, all through the ETB. Would have cost about €2,500 if I’d have gone and done it myself, but with the course they put me through first aid and customer services and so on. Found it very hard to get on it, been applying for the last nine months. Usually would get about 30 lads applying for 12 places.

34 Likes

Happy days fair play pal

1 Like

I can’t get over the amount of people going for it. Wonder how many lads were going for it before Covid?

Difficult to know. Loads of jobs out there when you’re done.

2 Likes

Ya going public or private?

Got my work experience lined up with a private local company. They do everything, School, Bingo, Tours, etc. I’ll take it handy for a while and see what crops up. Bus Eireann crying out for city drivers especially. I’d prefer the long haul thou I think.

4 Likes