Druggies or Drinkers?

[quote=“josepi73”]in regard to mascalin.
make your own mind up.
I’ve tried it.i found it very entertaining.
then again i also used to find lying down on railway tracks when stoned really entertaining as well.

CACTUS TRIP AT DEATH JUMP HEAD SHOP

A DRUGGIE shop that sold magic mushrooms to a man who jumped to his death is STILL selling dangerous mind-blowing products.

Colm Hodkinson died after eating a box of psychedelic mushrooms he had bought legally from the Hemp Store on Capel Street in Dublin.

The drugs were banned last year after a campaign by Colm’s heartbroken family. But yesterday, a shop assistant working in the Hemp Store was selling hallucinogenic cactus plants.

He said: "We are selling peyote cacti for between EUR80 to EUR140. They are very strong but the intensity of the high depends on the preparation.

"You could eat the whole cactus and get nothing out of it.

Related Results
Trust, E-innovation and Leadership in Change
Foreign Banks in United States Since World War II: A Useful Fringe
Building Your Brand With Brand Line Extensions
The Impact of the Structure of Debt on Target Gains
Project Management Standard Program “But if you prepared it in a different way, you will get a hell of a lot out of it.”

The peyote cactus - which originally comes from Central America - contains the drug mescaline.

The cactus was used by Native American tribes during trippy religious ceremonies.

Last night, Colm’s dad Eoin was clearly upset but did not want to comment on the shop.

He said: “We do not want to say anything about this at the moment.”

But yesterday a friend of the Hodkinson family slammed the shop owners for selling the cacti.

He said: "It is an absolute disgrace the Hemp Shop is still selling these lethal drugs.

"Colm’s family campaigned tirelessly after his death to get the Government to ban magic mushrooms.

"But this news is a real slap in the face for the family.

“I hope nobody else has to die before these drugs are taken off the shelves for good.”

Anti-drugs campaigners said the cacti could lead to another death like Colm’s.

The 33-year-old leaped from the balcony of his fourth-floor flat after a Halloween party in 2005.

Grainne Kenny, a spokeswoman for Europe Against Drugs, slammed the Dublin shop for selling the plants.

She said: "The Hemp Store are still selling dangerous hallucinogenic drugs one year after the inquest into Colm’s death.

"Peyote cactus plants can cause paranoia, panic and hallucinations and are just as dangerous as magic mushrooms.

"The owners of the Hemp Store are being grossly insensitive and irresponsible to the memory of, Colm Hodkinson.,

“Do we have to wait for another death before we ban these cacti plants?”

Shops like the Hemp Store -so-called head shops - are legally allowed to sell marijuana seeds and drug paraphernalia.

But Ms Kenny claimed these cactus plants did not give a safe natural high.

She said: "Colm Hodkinson had never used magic mushrooms before the night he died.

"But they just hit his brain badly and it put him into a terrible state of panic.

"The Hemp Store cannot say these cacti are safe because they don’t know how it will affect certain people.

“Peyote cacti are a naturally growing substance so nobody can say how strong they are.”

She claimed the Government should take action and ban all shops selling these drugs.

Ms Kenny added: "It makes absolutely no sense to ban magic mushrooms but still allow shops to sell peyote cacti.

"There is no point trying to ban these things one by one. There is so much profit they will find something else to replace it.

“I want head shops banned, full stop.”

A Department of Health spokesman said the legal status of mescaline was under review.

He added: "Substances, including mescaline, are scheduled under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

The list of scheduled substances is kept under review on an ongoing basis.

“The department reviews any evidence that substances are being abused and are causing significant harm to public health.”

The Hemp Store refused comment on the issue yesterday.[/quote]

I’d still love to do peyote. In the words of Bill Hicks, if he thought he could fly why did’nt he try taking off from the ground first.

There’s some chain of shops after opening in Wexford town and Carlow selling all kinds of legal drugs as well I think. One of the local papers was giving out about it a few weeks ago. One of our Wexford town members might be able to shed more light on it?

By the way, here’s the number for that Grainne Kenny one from Europe Against Drugs - 086 2345245.

Sounds like she would be savage craic.

What’s mescalin?

its the opposite to feminine;)…

I pulled there on Saturday night and to shorten a long story she offered me a valium at around 5am and I accepted. knocked me for 6 almost straight away.

Its Tuesday now and I’m still not right.

Anyone done a valium before and how long before the fucking thing wears off?

I havnt been in it Mac, everyone is givin out yards about it. Might take a trip in and see what appeals to me.

[quote=“tipptops*”]I pulled there on Saturday night and to shorten a long story she offered me a valium at around 5am and I accepted. knocked me for 6 almost straight away.

Anyone done a valium before and how long before the fucking thing wears off?[/quote]

I took one by mistake, taught it was a painkiller, dont ask how. I didnt no what was goin on…after about a half hour I couldnt stand. Just had to sleep it off.

[quote=“tipptops*”]I pulled there on Saturday night and to shorten a long story she offered me a valium at around 5am and I accepted. knocked me for 6 almost straight away.

Anyone done a valium before and how long before the fucking thing wears off?[/quote]

you must have been giving her a fair knocking if she offered you a valium!?

cant imagine youd get much of a kick off it

[quote=“dancarter”]

cant imagine youd get much of a kick off it[/quote]

The eyes went first dan…couldn’t keep them open then the head felt like it was after quadrupling in weight…10 mins flat I was KO’d…I’v been stealing little naps in work the last two days!

tt*, are you sure you didn’t just take the valium and imagine that you pulled a bird as a result?

Its possible but not probable Bandage…The last thing I can remember is a voice saying “Your not really meant to take these when you’re drinking but anyway…”

Next thing I knew it was 2pm Sunday and I was getting the road.

Obviously the bird way of ending something she wasn’t enjoying and guarateeing herself a decent nights sleep :smiley:

ah tt she knew what she was at lad, is there any evidence to suggest you were interfered with while you slept?
not many lads can boast of having been victim to a date rape drug.
respect

clean as a whistle.
bit of an adrenaline junkie so maybe when i’m older and my joints are fcuked i’ll turn into a hemp-smoking grandad.

[quote=“tipptops*”]Its possible but not probable Bandage…The last thing I can remember is a voice saying “Your not really meant to take these when you’re drinking but anyway…”

Next thing I knew it was 2pm Sunday and I was getting the road.[/quote]

are you sure t’was a bird that dropped you the v?

Looked like a bird.
Smelled like a bird.

But then the Cork hurlers aren’t on strike.

I think the Drinkers have it currently on TFK. Who would of thought this day would come upon us?

This explains everything, cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

wow, how did I miss that