Drugs in sport (and non sports)

This Berahino lark is a bit odd. Why was his ban not publicised? This lack of transparency does not reflect well on the FA. cc @Nembo_Kid

Well, it looks like the Beeb know the story on Bradley’s secret package. In bullet points today, they mention the package, and in the next bullet point down, highlight that triamcinolone was knocking around the team sky cupboards in far higher quantities than previously admitted.
Freeman, the doctor involved, had the double misfortune of both forgetting to upload , as was standard practise, his medical records of the time, and then , believe it or not, had the laptop which had all the medical records on it stolen.
Neither he, nor sky, have been able to find evidence of the theft being reported to the police, which is amazing, given that losing a laptop with medical records on it, is taken extremely seriously, not least by the GMC.
In other news, Simon cope, the team gofer, who denies having anything to do with the transport of the package, has been asked why his evidence about his movements at the time was in direct contradiction to his expense claims for his movements at the time. His reply was that he must have been attempting to fiddle his expenses “like everyone does”.
Despite admitting being a fraudster , a liar and a swindler, and having attempted to defraud team Sky ,according to himself, he is now the head of a closely associated racing team.

What kind of fucking cretins do they take us for?

10 Likes

It’s like Boycott trying to pretend he doesn’t know Liverpool’s finances when he is asked why doesn’t he hold the same view towards them as he does other clubs?

3 Likes

The Doc pulled out of meeting a select committee this week because he was sick. Even too sick for a video link

Indeed. A series of unfortunate events.

Ewan McKenna has the bit between the teeth with regards Mo Farah. He’s always tagging him in tweets along the lines of ‘tick, tock, tick, tock’, ‘time almost up, Mo’, ‘net is closing in’ etc. Is there some investigation into Mo going on that Ewan is so convinced he is a cheat who is about to be found out?

His performances
His coach

People are adding two and two

1 Like

I see there’s something on sky now about Wiggins and some dodgy package of medical goods

edit - I should have scrolled up.

You should have scrolled up.

Yes. Yes I should.

How do Wiggins times/power output compare to lads like Armstrong who were caught doping?

British sporting integrity in the mud.

@GeoffreyBoycott nowhere to be seen.

Sports science me bollix. We all know what that is now.

1 Like

“Marginal gains”

I laughed this morning when I thought of it and I googled it earlier just to remind myself of what gullible idiots people can be.

Nico Roche was a big fan of the concept when he was joining Team SKY.

I don’t doubt it.

Power output is virtually identical.

1 Like

He didn’t last long there though and he wasn’t picked for the Tour team last year. I wonder why?

1 Like

Is Nico an alright sort? Just a bit dim?