Drugs in sport (and non sports)

Froome has kept an extremely low profile since he retired hasn’t he? Can’t remember him being interviewed or being on telly since.

He hasn’t retired! He is on a massive contract with Israel Premiertech and he is going so bad they wouldn’t pick him for the Tour. He never recovered from that crash.

One for the Things I learned today thread.

2 Likes

Wiggins is Lance’s pet monkey now. Lance can patronise him like he does Jan Ullrich.

1 Like

Its funny he is riding closer to his younger self now. Whatever he was on during the Sky years was rocket fuel.

To be fair to Lance, he seems to have helped Jan a lot in recent times. Still a grade a cunt. Ullrich seems like a lovely chap, albeit a flawed one.

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1815836782761492982?s=46

Did Walsh point out the obvious?

This Lance redemption shit sickens me. His spiel is sure they were all doping and that is probably fair for the top ten or twenty or maybe even fifty. But what about the lads that were 51st and would have won but didn’t because they had morality. He’s a cunt who has suffered very little for his cuntishness and destroyed a lot of people along the way

3 Likes

And conned millions of people out of money that made it’s way to his back pocket through the guise of a charity or cancer research

1 Like

What’s worth pointing out is Pogacar destroyed the guy who has mangled him the previous 2 years, with last year being most telling when he beat Pogacar more than Pogacar beat him this year. What is also worth pointing out is that guy was lucky to be alive after a crash not too long ago, barely trained and still according to himself put out his best climbing numbers ever. That will stay a side story to the mainstream though but Vingegaard came from pretty much nowhere. At least Pogacar was a prodigy.

There’s obviously some new compound or whatever in cycling. Based off numbers, 10th place in the Tour this year would be dropping Pantani, Armstrong and Froome without breathing. Now sure, nutrition and new tech has something to do with that, but there’s obviously some new sauce out there.

One of the interesting things to come out is the supposed use of carbon monoxide with altitude training. I shit you not.

I quite like Pogacar though, he’s clearly an all time great talent, maybe the most talented man to ever clip into pedals. Enjoy the show while it lasts.

2 Likes

Even with that, not everyone would get the exact same benefits from the doping so impossible to say if it was “fair”

2 Likes

They weren’t all doping, and he ruined the career of anyone who crossed him. He’s a psychopath.

1 Like

Was listening to Geraint Thomas’ pod the other day. Pogaczar is putting out 7 watts per Kilo. He’s at least half a watt per kilo better than the others. It’s like riding around with juveniles for him.

2 Likes

He wasn’t related to being a Tour winner before he got sick. And he came back like a new rider.

2 Likes

What a clown I was!

1 Like

I can’t warm to dopers. It’s simple as that for me.

They were probably cleaner than what is happening now

4 Likes

My opinion is that every top athlete is doing something, and I’m okay with that as if you were a competitive athlete, you should do whatever it takes to get the most out of yourself.

Stuff like taking your blood out and later re injecting is mental, and perhaps a step too far but things like testosterone and the like I’m perfectly okay with.

https://twitter.com/lawton_times/status/1816576243287969843?s=46

It’s a total joke. I’d feel very sorry for the clean athletes.