Dry January and February Thread

Iā€™m drinking whiskey and watching the Sopranos.

3 Likes

Fuck it you had a good run all the same

The guts of ten days. Not drinking is a mugā€™s game

2 Likes

I have a slab of cider to get through as I play my FUT champions games over the weekend.

2 Likes

You couldnā€™t be going dry this January. I am going to try for a ā€œdryer Januaryā€ though.

A week deep. This has been the hardest day/night yet. Staying strong though.

1 Like

One more sleep of dry January.
Herself just said ā€œI canā€™t wait for tomorrow nightā€
Unfortunately, she was referring to drink.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never done it nor tried it before. Iā€™m determined to make it to Friday 29th January.

Weā€™ll see.

They are going to ban you from drinking cans in a few days. Get them in while you can.

1 Like

When it comes to January drinking, each to their own, and no more about it

We need to listen to the Holy Man

Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said alcohol has ā€œplayed a significant roleā€ in the spread of the disease. He would welcome any reduction in the opportunity for people to socially gather and consume alcohol.

ā€œThis disease loves alcohol,ā€ he told the press conference.

1 Like

I did Super Bowl to Cheltenham last year. A lot handier than January, Iā€™ve started since Sunday but canā€™t see me lasting two weeks let alone a month

Why?

What a shower of crackpots :laughing:

6 Likes

Who knows why any completely arbitrary challenge takes on a life of its own.

By giving it up I have something to look forward to.

Amazingly, Iā€™m still on board. Definitely the longest period off it since March, but most likely the longest off it since January 2010. It was then that I amazed my then fiance Ms J by not drinking for an entire month as an expat in Beijing.

The first pint at the end of it is glorious. Itā€™s like Charlie Bucket ayting a Wonka bar.

3 Likes

Suggest a Date Night and see what she says. Theyā€™re all the fashion.

Iā€™d never seen any of the Sopranos ever until the 2006 world cup. Sitting in Mulligans watching Germany v Argentina with a gang and forum recluse @nemesis decided to go home with a ā€˜pain in his tummyā€™ the pussy. One appendectomy later he was laid up on the couch with fuck all to do for a month. One of the lads dropped up the Sopranos and we went through the first series inside 2 days. Watching it, getting into the world, looking out through the curtains to see if any of our neighbours needed to be whacked. What a fucking show. Loving going back through it now.

3 Likes

I canā€™t imagine having to give up drinking, itā€™s an awful sign of mental weakness.

5 Likes