Dry January and February Thread

AA thread wanted here

I’m going for the too drunk to care angle.

Lord Holohan will have drink banned within days. Drink up what you can

It really demonstrates the unhealthy relationship we have with drink in this country, lads drink themselves into a state of depression and then self-loathe for a month before they start all over again

3 Likes

Awful weak chaps

:laughing:

And all they do is think about drink for the month they are off it.

That’s the sign of a serious problem.

4 Likes

It would be much more beneficial to give up sugar or dairy for a bit if they were looking to do something healthy for body and mind.

How difficult would it be to give up sugar?

We are being eked out longer than ever. Why give up anything?

3 Likes

Tough enough if you’re living off a sugar mammy in law.

3 Likes

For the lads? The way they piss and moan very hard…

You’d want to go on a plant based diet for a month and allow for natural sugars like fruit and honey etc. If you cut out processed foods , including bread and alcohol, you’d be more or less there.

The big one would be chai tea… not sure how lads would cope without putting sugar in their chai.

About as hard as giving up going for a shite… Impossible. The withdrawal turns you into a raging lunatic & you’d kill your own mother for a hit

Natural sugars.

I didn’t drink for the first three months of last year. Not because I was some fanny in the horrors from Christmas or anything. Just happened that I wasn’t out during that period of time, we were moving house and money was tight. It was more an accidental abstinence.

The only reason I’ve ever given the drink up for a month was to save a few quid as a young lad (back in the days when you’d be out for 2/3 nights a week). If you need to go off it for reasons other than financial ones, you would be as well staying off it.

2 Likes

This thread is an indicator of lads who were reckless over Christmas and put themselves or loved ones in the covid firing line due to their weakness for alcohol.

2 Likes

The lads not giving up booze for a few weeks seem rattled by lads taking a break for January. It’s asking them to search their own soul.

It’s fascinating to watch.

2 Likes

I dont judge them. But I will keep them in my prayers.

I haven’t had a pint in a pub since September mate

1 Like

‘giving up’

WTF?

That’s desperation talk to have to get to that point.

If you’re in touch with your soul you wouldn’t push yourself to the extreme of needing to ‘give up’ .

Those in sync with body/mind would never reach such perils. They just know when to walk away and let go… The Buddha teaches us to let go.

1 Like

Me neither pal.