Dry January and February Thread

It’s sad that you drink to get drunk.

What division are you plying your trade in on FUT? I’m pushing for division 4 with a cheap enough team. Rodrigo has done untold damage for me up front with a hunter Jamie Vardy but I think I’ll save up for Rashford.

You can forget all about pints.

Fell at first hurdle

7 Likes

Once the first weekend was over I have found this quite easy. I’ll have a couple of bottles of wine next weekend but I can see myself taking the odd weekend off from alcohol now.

I found I did need a substitute ritual to bookend the working week so I’ve had a takeaway on a Friday and watched a movie as a substitute.

4 Likes

Jasus, I’d have to have a drink with a takeaway.

Fair play. Still on the dry January bus but was thinking of having a couple of beers on Sunday to watch the utd game. Mrs J has made me promise that if I’m having a beer on Sunday I’ll drink a bottle of wine with her on Saturday first!

1 Like

I was crawling the walls last weekend, expect that to be the worst of it. No weight loss but sleeping 9 hours every night.
Get over this weekend before I make any other crazy commitment s

1 Like

Still hanging in there. I’ve had a couple Heineken 0.0% when watching NFL alright and no major weight loss. The belly has retracted alright with the running and I feel great. Able to get up early and go for runs or do a few jobs around the house. It’s been easy enough all told. Will keep going to the end of the month. Maybe throw February into it. 7 weeks off the drink is my record (since the age of 17) I’d say.

3 Likes

Dry January has been an utter failure for me. I’ve been drinking to bate the band. Tonight will be big, tomorrow very light as I have training Sunday morning but we have the neighbours over on Sunday and Luca reckons he has some seriously good wine coming over.
After that I’m deffo going sober. I have a some massive RFP"s on the go over February so work will take precedence over everything.

2 Likes

I use a handy drink app (Drink Control), it stopped me drinking needlessly mid-week there last year.

I’ll see this month out anyway.

2 Likes

FFS. Are you an alco?

3 Likes

:laughing:

:joy:
I’m not but it’s handy just mark the days down.

Some of the stuff you’d read here is a bit mad, if you need to ‘take the edge off’ you’re in a bit of bother with the booze.

As for Non Alcoholic booze at home :astonished:

2 Likes

You’re in trouble now lads, prepare to be judged.

Ya fine I’m an alcoholic, I drank everyday last year.
Ye got me.

2 Likes

I’m just looking forward to waking up in one of the neighbors garden again soon. Thought of it keeps me going

21 Likes

Don’t mind him mate, you do your thing and fuck everyone else.

4 Likes

This one is for you and me mate.

1 Like