Dublin Bay South By Election - Anyone but Mannix

he comes across as a fierce weirdo

He has very minimalist campaign posters so I’d assumed he was a local nutter who’d get a handful of votes. I was amazed to see him elected

We’re okay. I just checked it and the grandfather Geoghegan was a Supreme Court judge as well. Did a stint as Attorney General too, which somewhat offsets that he wasn’t the Chief Justice, unlike Tom Finlay.

Leo was mad keen to get young James on the ticket for the last general election after his poll topping exploits in the locals. Pesky gender quotas meant he had to stick with Kate O’Connell.

That hairline with those ears? Like I said, an odd individual.

Don’t know much about him, but he does seem quite contrary.

He’d an absolutely horrific childhood so I’d imagine it’s difficult to come out of that “normal”

fierce bang of a finlay geoghegan

What secondary school would he have gone to ??

I doubt it was a polytechnic.

Gonzaga or Clongowes I’d expect.

He’s a Gonzaga boy.

1 Like

A grand uncle John Blayney was a Supreme Court judge as well. A one cap wonder in his younger days, played in the centre. Scored a try on his only outing against Scotland in 1950. Sadly it wasn’t enough to gain selection as a bolter on the British Lions tour to New Zealand in 1950.

could this bye election drag shatsie out?

Any relation to the Blayneys who played for Leinster in the late 90’s, early 2000’s?

Wouldn’t think so. They’re ‘Blaney’ and their father is from Belfast. Think those Blaneys are cousins of Greg Blaney, the Down footballer and hurler.

1 Like

How do gender quotas work for by-elections. Are we likely to see a field of mostly female candidates?

Yes, and they have to swing both ways. Oh wait, that’s bi-elections.

4 Likes

Kate O Connell 17/10 fav.
Hazel Chu 3/1 and Mick McDowell 20/1, could McDowell do it??

1 Like

Where did you see the odds?

Is Lucinda considering a run?

Paddy Power have odds up

1 Like