Dublin Bay South By Election - Anyone but Mannix

If FG don’t hold seat here, there will be questions

Harris will be :broken_heart:

Looks like Bacik being put forward ahead of my neighbour Humphreys :-1:

1 Like

You’d admire Bacik willingness to continually put herself forward for election/rejection

Hazel Chu be interesting to see how she gets on

1 Like

The Green vote in the constituency is middle-class people disillusioned with FFG. More inclined towards Sleepy Eamon type FG on bikes than woke eco-justice types.

1 Like

You think McDowell will run?

Would have doubted it but he was fairly prominent in opposition to the Metro link which a few journos interpreted as priming for another run.

1 Like

He’s wanted back in since 2011. FG were sort of interested but he had the FF/PD stench on him and FGers don’t forgive his role with them in the 80s. The field has been too crowded since then really.

Ivan’s Baciks grandfather Karel Bacik founded the revived Waterford Crystal in 1947. He had run glass factories in Czechoslovakia but the Communists took then over and he fled.

2 Likes

Chu isn’t guaranteed the nomination. Think she’ll get it in the end but she pissed off a lot of the local and national membership with the recent Seanad run.

1 Like

Isn’t she rumoured to be defecting to the SDs

Did she bite off more than she could Chu?

12 Likes

Yet Ivana would impose Commie doctrine on the rest of us given half the chance.

He’s eyeing it up alright

1 Like

Just in time for the next gravy train.

To be fair to MMD I don’t think he went in to politics for a “gravy train”

1 Like

Didn’t mean him…

You didn’t I see .

McDowell turns 70 on Saturday. That’s judicial office ruled out for one of the Law Library’s heaviest hitters. He might as well have another run at it.

Greens may chu choose Byrne

Wonder would Hazel Chu run as independent then?