Dublin Bay South By Election - Anyone but Mannix

And she’s too big to even consider taking up a council seat and build up her base with local constituents.

But she’s anti-dryrobe unlike the middle class posers on here.

1 Like

Also.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m not defending Geoghegan btw, I know nothing about him, but I’d be fairly certain he’s a cunt.

1 Like

This is the writer that gave us this interesting take on lockdown

Who is the FG person in charge of this by-election campaign for the party?

Harris

I’d say a few in FG who wouldn’t mind seeing Si taking down a peg or two.

1 Like

Point of order. As a Senator she cannot hold a council seat.

7 Likes

That’s a serious clamping.

Yes. But she never ran for council election before her time as a senator, surely this is where you build up a base with your constituents.

She has never been voted in by the general public. I’d love to see this huge media push for her fall flat on its face.

It’s Dublin Bay South. Not some Muldoon constituency like Galway East or Tipperary. Professor Bacik doesn’t need to build up a profile or a base amongst her constituents. Every middle class person knows who she is.

6 Likes

Is that why she was consistently overlooked by Labour for elections and rejected by constituencies when she did run?

She certainly seems to have a lot of allies in the media but I think she comes across as aloof and arrogant to the ordinary voter.

If Bacik wins the seat and England win the Euros some lads here will need to be put on 24 hour watch lest they do something very silly to themselves.

3 Likes

There’s a thinly veiled xenophobic edge to the rhetoric against Bacik. But the Bacik family has a long and proud history of helping to make the lives of people in Ireland better. Ivana’s grandfather Charles founded Waterford Glass in 1947 after coming here from Czechoslovakia.

2 Likes

I posted that fact some months ago. He came here to get away from the Communists.

1 Like

We’re amply catered for in terms of muldoony TD’s God knows but have possibly a score too many. Prof Bacik will bring a bit of gravitas to proceedings. A counter-balance to Mattie McGrath if you will.

2 Likes

Bíll Bádbódy :euro:B4​:people_holding_hands:VOTE 1​:house::bank::cote_divoire: on Twitter: “Getting a great reaction with the people on the street. This woman told me she was living with something called a ‘ma’. #DublinBaySouth https://t.co/EOdbmGm6QZ” / Twitter

It came into my mind as Ivana was featured briefly on a programme called “National Treasures” on RTE 1 last night, where people brought along pieces of memorabilia for a project documenting the social and cultural history of Ireland. Ivana brought along something to do with her grandfather, I can’t remember what it was as I was only half watching it. This was all recorded pre-pandemic obviously.

It was a bit of glass.