Dublin Bay South By Election - Anyone but Mannix

Dreadful, shameless campaigning. I’ve backed the useless cunt at 2/1 because I think the value is irresistible but that’s a shocking dimnuition of political standards. Even those fuckers in FF wouldn’t have sunk to that.

Or maybe…….

4 Likes

@anon67715551 I am old enough to remember CJH Holohan would have been a non entity if he was around now we wouldn’t have heard of him.

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth. CJH would have pushed ahead with business interests like hospitality and the interests of the common man, porter and sporting and cultural occasions. While there’s a whiff of the scallywag from his grave there’s no denying his great leadership and entrepreneurial skills.

6 Likes

He was a European heavyweight, going toe to toe with Maggie and Mitterrand. Paddy gets very worked up over a bit of mild corruption that he’d have engaged in himself if he had the gumption

5 Likes

There’s a lovely sentence in the Scrap Saturday CD of Morgan musing a’la CJH at a World summit “ There was of course President Bush and Chairman Gorbachev, Chancellor Kohl and erm, Myself and President Mitterrand and ……… “

1 Like

In hindsight we didn’t deserve CJH
He should have been head of state in some European powerhouse

2 Likes

Talkback/Paddy C on tenterhooks this morning!

1 Like

When will the first count be announced?

Having a well earned break from the forklift today guys?

1 Like

Should be useful once the boxes are opened

https://ianrichardson.shinyapps.io/DBS_ByElection/

Chilling. Not a normal party.

3 Likes

447 votes tallied

1 Like

Looks like the end of Geoghegans political career. Surely they won’t run him in the next general election.

1 Like

FF are in for a shocker today id say. Looks like batshit is gonna win this.

FF’s social media campaign looks to have been a major hit.

Bacik seems to have focused her campaign on radical feminsm.

1 Like

FF will be doing well to poll 7/8%.

FG not running O’Connell is going to be the big story now when Bacik wins easily

that utter cunt Flynn

70% for people in favour of the strand road bike lane - huzzah

1 Like