Dublin Bay South By Election - Anyone but Mannix

He dealt with that very well.

4 Likes

Cahill was nothing but an attention seeking cunt.

1 Like

Depends on the candidate basically, and it’s a high-risk strategy that MaxLochlainn should be against after 2016.

They’ve no one high profile on the Council, Doherty won’t let anyone else on Highland Radio.

A decent Independent campaigning on MICA redress could hoover up votes.

But it’s not 2016, more and more anger is building against FFG. FF’s core voting base is dying out every year.

3 is a certainty. I think they can run a 4th risk free if they wish to.

I know SF are more popular nationally than 2016 but to do that they’d have to run a candidate in Letterkenny and Ballybofey/Stranorlar which would impact their two sitting TDs. Particularly MacLochlainn.

Then there’s the risk that a string Independent runs and throws a spanner in the works like Tim Jackson in 2016.

That’s down the line anyhow and one for the Donegal thread.

They only need get ahead of Pringle anyway. A 3rd seat is a cert in the next election as far as I can see.

I’m not too despondent . Sure FG didn’t win but sometimes that’s the way by elections go. Despite one of the most personalised anti-candidate campaigns I can recall, their vote is about the same as the GE.

SF on the other hand have shown no bounce despite all the tailwinds and once again have showed no real ability to break out of their core areas.

FF in disarray too

1 Like

Think Pringle is getting more popular to be honest.

It would be interesting to see how the antiestablishment vote up here would handle SF in Govt.

Depends what they do in govt.

The Aontu candidate also did comfortably the best of the field off the transfers of Justin Barrett and Dolores Cahill.

SF are never going to resonate with well heeled affluent voters.

They did in last GE amongst younger people who were earning good money who wanted houses and tax cuts.

After Next election they will be in government you’d feel.

1200 votes for single FF candidate. In my youth there’d be an internal investigation if a 3rd candidate got that in any constituency

Where?

free houses, free water, free everything

2 Likes

All over - SF voters wanted tax cuts more than any other group

Which constituencies?

I’ll have my people dig out the research over the weekend

1 Like

Cheerio Barrett you UUCOAM

2 Likes

I love when he says “hour and a half” :joy: