Dublin Bay South By Election - Anyone but Mannix

23 votes :grimacing:

That Colm O’Keeffe was running on a communist platform.

The other lad seems to have ran on anti fossil fuel platform.

FF took 15k first preferences between McConalogue and Pat the Cope. FG in much bigger dangers with only 10k first preferences.

How the govt handle the MICA scheme is a big issue. The likes of Calleary and McSharry are trying to cover their own bases here but I can see the electorate seeing through McSharry next time around. SF will add additional seats in Sligo Leitrim/Donegal and Louth next time out. Cavan Monaghan might be a stretch but they’ll almost certainly run a third candidate though dividing it geographically will be difficult, it will likely be a second Monaghan candidate in addition to Carthy and Tully.

Will Pat the Cope run next time around? And if he doesn’t is that vote likely to go even moreso to Doherty?

I wouldn’t be surprised if SF run 4 in Donegal next time out. 3 is a certainty for them.

Colm O’Keefe had a great manifesto

A 32 County Communist Monarchist Catholic Republic

3 Likes

He’d have got a vote from me.

1 Like

You missed the small print about the loyalist monarchy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It only applies to the loyalist population. I don’t have any real suppression interests for loyalists really.

I’d be surprised if The Cope runs. Apparently he transfers to McHugh after the FF running partner so be interesting to see what happens and who FF pick to run. I’d imagine that they might push someone well known like Anthony Molloy.

No way SF run four and three might even be unlikely as that strategy cost MacLochlainn his seat in 2016. There’s two seats for them comfortably but the jump to three seats is harder again. They’d need someone very well known if they were going to pull it off.

Things are different now.

They had a surplus of 9k after the first count with both Doherty and MacLochlainn through. They will also get heavy transfers from Pringle so it’s merely a case of getting one of those candidates ahead of Pringle. 3 is a certainty. 4 highly unlikely but they have little to lose running 4.

State of that pathetic little prick

5 Likes

I’d be more worried for the 4 young lads he’s talked into goose stepping with him like that

litler is a good description

5 Likes

You’re great craic. On a day when…
Fg become TD less in one of the country’s most affluent constituencies…
FF fail to retain their deposit their vote is so bad.
SF, the country’s most popular party fail to capitalise on 30% national popularity.
The Judean people’s social Democrats fail to register even an awareness that they had a candidate
Lowly Labour sweep all before them.

What you want to talk about is how Labour are performing in working class areas… but not including how they outperformed all parties but 1 in working class areas in today’s election. Just general national… but not today. Ok. Aodhàn did very very well out of the Donaghmede boxes at the last election if it helps you.

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

thinly veiled “i wont need planning for the extension on the new gaff”

This is an affluent constituency. SF never had a hope here in a byelection. Their voter base is confined to the working class side in these circumstances.

You keep on trying to give a spin on this that Labour are somewhat relevant to the working class. You refuse to engage a questions asked multipe times that challenges that assertion. That question is - what working class constituency do Labour currently hold a seat in? I’ll answer that one for you as seem so feart to confirm it but there is none. Why is there none? There is none because the working class vote, which was once Labour’s bread and butter has rejected them utterly emphatically and will continue to do so given their track record in government.

Labour are now a party which will feed off the comfortable middle class scraps they can get from FFG. That is where they won this election as SF and PBP have working class wards and constituencies sewn up across the state.

You can continue your spin if you want but you’re utterly incapable of substantiating any of your contentions here.

conroy isnt getting her deposit back, just like her tenants

Looks like the Begleitkommando still exist :joy: