Dublin GAA Thread

Cunts

1 Like

Not Dublin GAA

Bags packed, thought it was Whitehall Colmcille.

East Meath might as well be Dublin

I think it’s best I distance myself now mate, I’ve a hole well dug. I’m looking to exit quietly and discreetly here.

3 Likes

Did @Fagan_ODowd line out for Waterford?

@ChairmanDan was the official.

You wouldn’t hear of many Camillus’s these days.

1 Like

That was Brendan Hayden, a great servant of Carlow GAA cc @anon67715551. His sons wore the fruit pastilles jersey with pride too.

An astonishing Kerry Team. I’d assume no 18 was the prolific inter county manager.

I played with Liam Egan and Tony Fayne off of the Dublin team (mighty men) and played against John Thompson, Gerry McCaul, Brian Mullins, PJ Buckley, Fran Ryder and Mick Holden.

Camillus was a very good referee on the Dublin club scene.

Kerry won by a few points.

3 Likes

That’s the former Tipp/Roscommon/Wicklow manager alright.

All those Kerry lads were absolute stars at the time after winning the Senior All Ireland a couple of weeks earlier. - And Mullins was a God by then.

Could have been 20k at it in Tipp Town.

John Thompson was a dangerous fucker.

With a hurley yes. Being picked at full forward to mark him (which I was on a number of occasions) felt like being fucked into the lions enclosure in the Zoo.

He was a very classy footballer.

3 Likes

:grinning::grinning:. There was a slightly unhinged aura about him with a hurl in his hand which was disturbing especially if you had to mark him.

As is often the case with these lads was a nice fella away from the pitch.

1 Like

Here he is on the right in a familiar pose some years ago. The topic under discussion was most assuredly not Brexit, the election or anything like that. :beer:

2 Likes

He played Minor football for Dublin in 1974 I think. I played against him in the late 2000s - I felt young that day despite my, by then, gnarled veteran status.

Were you with Scoil in 83 or 86 for the SFC wins?

I wasn’t unfortunately

A pity. SFC medal be nice to have.

The Waterford Championship medal is a good memory. Furthest I got with Scoil was a county semi final. Took a long time to convince the football management that a lad from Waterford had a place on the senior football team. Tony “Scout” Hempenstall wasn’t buying that at all.

7 Likes

Fair play - also nice to have.

And him out tapping up the likes of the Kavanagh twins in Mearnóg :roll_eyes: