Dublin GAA Thread

I’m assuming his fellow Whitehall clubman, the iconic Jim Roche will be next man in? cc @Fat_Pox

I’d imagine someone like Gilroy or Gavin might go for it. However like when Costello was the big cog in the wheel, Jim was the oil that kept everything running smoothly. There should be a stand in Parnell Park named after him.

2 Likes

Or a shithouse

2 Likes

I was going to say a urinal.

1 Like

There was nothing more iconic in the last decade than Jim Gavin turning round to Rochey trying to make a substitution and Rochey foostering and fumbling trying to get his paperwork and biro in working order.

The 2021 All Ireland Semi Final was probably his finest hour though when he was trying to submit the teamsheet to Conor Lane for Extra Time. Jim trying to keep his head when all around him were losing theirs.

Shur they never play there, be a waste of time.

Given her father’s glittering career serving Dublin GAA I think Maria Bailey’s time for redemption has come

1 Like

Mossy Quinn will go for it and get it I’d say.

1 Like

Wasn’t Roche the eejit who marched Jimmy Cooney off the pitch in 98 as it was beginning to dawn on him that he might just have made the biggest mistake in the history of the GAA.

No. That was John Leonard. Another useless cunt.

2 Likes

A St. Mary’s Maudlintown man.

Did he let out a ‘yelp’ from the Dublin dugout when Wexford scored a goal or something in a minor or U20 match a few years ago?

4 Likes

That was him :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What a character.

I think that happened back in Dalys time with the seniors. I heard Hedgo told him in no uncertain terms what he thought about it.

Liam Lawlor, Anthony Keegan. The Duds hurlers are a breed apart.

Are most Dublin hurlers not SoCo Dublin types from the likes of Crokes, Cuala and Ballyboden these days?

Only 3 starters yesterday from the top 2 clubs, which I thought was mad. Although that was due to injuries and stuff. Is Ronan Hayes only coming back?

“Anthony said he had spent “18 years” in prison but had turned his life around and was now clean after beating his drug habit.”

He is in his bollocks.

1 Like

https://www.dublingaa.ie/news/employment-opportunity-dublin-gaa-chief-executive-officer-runai

@myboyblue, @maroonandwhite . Dream job for either of you two Dubophiles. May the best man win.