Dublin GAA Thread

We are talking about children here from deprived enough areas who may never be abroad only for a trip like this.

A great initiative. I doubt they’ll do much training over there.

1 Like

You answered that klaxon fairly quickly

Its a great player retention initiative for a place where young lads can go off the rails handy enough.

They’ll have memories to last a lifetime from this.

6 Likes

We may do something similar for the youngsters in Leitrim too.

Paddy Christie is behind this. They do it every year for their u15s. Cost is covered by sponsorship raised from local businesses. It’s a good news story but there will be lots of pissing and moaning regardless.

7 Likes

If they happen to be a good crop and win an All Ireland Feile like the 2011 crop it will drive lads demented altogether.

The feile? :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Does he not care about their education?

A trip abroad like this is education.

I’d say he does.

Hardly a great example to set pulling them out of school a few weeks before their junior cert?!

Is it possible they’re not in school?

A lot of lads are u16 doing the junior cert now and its only a glorified summer exam anyway.

It is possible. We’d take lads out for 6 months in Crokes before a Feile and they get private tuition between training sessions, gym etc.

1 Like

I was more reckoning they’re not in school for other reasons not natural to Stillorgan but nicely played.

I’ve since been told though that this tweet was a pisstake and not in fact real. Well played Ballymun. Well played.

@Spidey @binkybarnes

Gents, am at abbotstown for young lad’s cup final tomorrow afternoon. It’ll be just finishing same time the limerick hurling match starts.

any pubs around those parts you could recommend and likely have the hurling on?

1 Like

That’s @Spidey country but I’d say The Carpenter would have it

2 Likes

Brigid’s Clubhouse probably best bet

2 Likes

Kavanaghs in Laurel lodge should have it in the bar

Also try the Bell. They have a tv in the lounge on the N3 side of the lounge dedicated to GAA

1 Like

Mayday mayday

Its actually on in AUL complex in Clonsaugh deep behind enemy lines im unfamiliar with.

@flutehook
@Spidey
@binkybarnes

Can you update me on co-ordinates, stat?!