Dublin GAA Thread

Sure is that not the population of Wexford :cool:

Is that with or without the Dubs in Gorey?:confused:

On Bank Holiday weekends in the summer, the population of Courtown increases from c.2,000 to c.3,000,000 due to the influx of refugees from Dublin. If they ever do a census on one of these weekends Wexford will be deemed the most populated county in Ireland. Fact.

Courtown is hell from what I’ve heard. I’d never go near the place. Every summer under the sun goes down there

calling dublin gaa fans

whats that lad (o callaghan??)like that switched from the footballers to the hurlers- is he any use- a loss to the footballers & a big gain to the hurlers?? dont think he ever got much of a run with the footballers

LEINSTER U-21 HC Quarter Final: Dublin 0-18 Laois 1-12

FREE-TAKER Kevin O’Reilly scored half of Dublin’s tally as last year’s beaten All-Ireland finalists advanced thanks to a slender three-point win over Laois in the Leinster under-21 hurling championship at Portlaoise last night.

The sides were level on eight occasions, and it was only a late scoring flourish from Ross O’Carroll and O’Reilly (two) which ensured Dublin booked a semi-final spot.

Dublin led by 0-9 to 0-7 at half-time with Zane Keenan scoring most of the hosts’ tally, and in the second half his side came right back into contention when a 41st-minute goal from John Gaughan cut the gap to two points.

Although Laois levelled thanks to scores from Keenan and defender Daryl Dooley, and were level on two further occasions in the closing 10 minutes, the hosts’ shooting was erratic in front of the posts as Dublin pulled away for victory.

DUBLIN: F McGarry; P Schutte, P Callaghan, R Drumgoole; P Kelly, T Brady, J McCaffrey; J Boland (0-1), S Lambert (0-1); S Durkin (0-1), D O’Dwyer (0-1), P Ryan; R O’Carroll (0-4), K O’Reilly (0-9, five frees, two 65s, one sideline cut), J Maher (0-1). Subs: B O’Rorke for Maher (37 mins), O Gough for Callaghan (43 mins), P Garbutt for Durkin (51 mins), S O’Rorke for Lambert (59 mins).

LAOIS: P Carroll; J Prior, D Maher, A Kavanagh; D Dooley (0-1), T Burke, B Stapleton; C Delaney, M Bermingham; Z Keenan (0-9, six frees, one 65), J Gaughan (1-0), W Hyland (0-1); S Burke, D Peacock (0-1), D O’Mahoney. Subs: N Delaney for O’Mahoney (43 mins), R Delaney for N Delaney (45 mins), N Delaney for R Delaney (60 mins).

Referee: A Lagrue (Kildare).

Dublin team picked for the game against Louth. Fennell and Paddy Andrews are in:

S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, S O’Shaughnessy; P Casey, B Cullen, B Cahill; E Fennell, S Ryan; C Moran, J Sherlock, P Andrews; A Brogan, C Keaney, T Quinn.

Fennell had a decent league campaign so not really a surprise. Andrews looks a decent player but all his league games were in defence. Vaughan is the big loser really, especially considering Brogan and Connolly aren’t available.

Casey is steeped to keep his spot. Thought we’d see Moran back to wing back with Vaughan into the forwards.

The Dublin hurlers lost to Limerick in a challenge game in Thurles at the weekend by 2-20 to 2-15.

I’m not overly impressed with that football side on paper but they should be far too strong for Louth, who were abysmal when I saw them against us in the final round of the league.

Decent enough performance from Dublin yesterday. Struggled a bit in the first half but that was as much down to Louth’s energy and spirit as much as poor play but it was a bit predictable and uninspired when Dublin had the ball.

Second half they turned the screw and Brogan showed what a class act he is. Shows for the ball very well and always takes his man on - sometimes too much but at least it keeps us going forward.

Positives were:

• Brogan as above
  • Fennell was excellent in midfield
  • O’Shaughnessy looked back to form

Negatives:

• Cullen was very timid
  • Andrews didn’t look spectacular
  • too long to get going

Dublin will not win an All-Ireland as long as they have Casey playing for them. Very poor defender. Have never seen him play well. Considering he’s the closest you can get to a full time footballer in GAA, it’s surprising that he’s not up to scratch.

Rubbish.

You have won this argument Appendage. But mark my words I’ll be back. Don’t know how or when but I will get my revenge. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

One of the lads I work with is best mates with one of the Lucan Sarsfields selectors and he always says that they dont even think Casey is good enough to play for the club but they can’t drop him as it would cause uproar in the club.

Can’t say I’m too surprised. Rubbish player.

I only watched some of the Dublin game but I noted that they were dropping both wing forwards back very deep inside their own half when they were defending and putting a wall of bodies there. To counteract this Louth needed to either play the ball in quickly and accurately to their full-forward line before Dublin had a chance to get their defensive alignment right or use the full width of the pitch to move them out of position. However, Louth basically carried the ball up the middle right into congested areas and seas of tacklers. When Dublin invariably turned over the ball their forwards then had loads of room to make runs and Brogan and Quinn thrived on the space they were able to play in. I will only consider how Wexford can set up against them if both of us successfully negotiate our semi-final ties.

A one of the lads knows someone anecdote. Always the most reliable I find.

Casey is not that bad, he’s fit and mobile but is limited. Won’t cos the dubs the All Ireland though. They will there or thereabouts come September. The most over scrutinised team in the country - when they get beaten we get all this bollox about their full back line being shite which is utter cock. They’ve lost to Kerry and Tyrone in 2 of the last 3 years. Hardly any shame in that. And then there’s the one about Whelan fading from a game - despite the fact that he may have been outstanding for the previous 20 mins or half an hour and is getting attacked from all sides. No midfielder will dominate entirely at the business end of a championship.

I wouldn’t be inclined to believe that shite from Lucan either. If he was that bad he’d be dropped but from my experience of Lucan Sars senior football team Casey is well good enough to be on it.

[quote=“Appendage”]A one of the lads knows someone anecdote. Always the most reliable I find.

Casey is not that bad, he’s fit and mobile but is limited. Won’t cos the dubs the All Ireland though. They will there or thereabouts come September. The most over scrutinised team in the country - when they get beaten we get all this bollox about their full back line being shite which is utter cock. They’ve lost to Kerry and Tyrone in 2 of the last 3 years. Hardly any shame in that. And then there’s the one about Whelan fading from a game - despite the fact that he may have been outstanding for the previous 20 mins or half an hour and is getting attacked from all sides. No midfielder will dominate entirely at the business end of a championship.

I wouldn’t be inclined to believe that shite from Lucan either. If he was that bad he’d be dropped but from my experience of Lucan Sars senior football team Casey is well good enough to be on it.[/quote]

Don’t shoot the messenger!

The same lad is also originally from Fairview and has been involved with Vincents all his life. He said this time last year that they would win the All Ireland club this year and he’ll usually have info on the Dublin team that never makes it into the public domain but turns out to be true so I’d trust him if he says he’s best mate works with the Sars.

Also, I had friends in my class in DCU who were on GAA scholarships who lived with Casey and said he’s an utter cock who’s head his up his own arse. Would repeatedly have rings run around him in training but was always made out to be a star of the team cos of who he was.

[quote=“Mac”]Don’t shoot the messenger!

The same lad is also originally from Fairview and has been involved with Vincents all his life. He said this time last year that they would win the All Ireland club this year and he’ll usually have info on the Dublin team that never makes it into the public domain but turns out to be true so I’d trust him if he says he’s best mate works with the Sars.

Also, I had friends in my class in DCU who were on GAA scholarships who lived with Casey and said he’s an utter cock who’s head his up his own arse. Would repeatedly have rings run around him in training but was always made out to be a star of the team cos of who he was.[/quote]

First point - loads of people say shit like that all the time and once in a while they’d be right. Even though your man could infact be a knowledgable bloke, predicting that Vinnie’s would win a club title is not exactly earth shattering.

I’m in wind up territory here but anyway…you have no right to post anything about a lad being an utter cock. None whatsover, unless you are infact Paul Casey.

That is the sort of “I know a lad who says” nonsense commonly read on other turnip munching GAA websites.

Here Appendage, did you score Paul Casey at a teenage disco a few years back or something?

Bandage you are a fraaakke.

Was leafing through the indo sports section today and there’s a picture of Alan Brogan about the receive the ball from Jayo for his goal yesterday.

Brogan is on the line and the ball is outside, implying that he will be marginally inside the “square” when the ball crosses the line.

The only point of this post is that on the Sunday Game last night, they new techo piece of scheidt was able to inconclusively prove that Brogan was well outside (as in 6ins to a foot) when he caught the ball. Which today’s picture shows he wasn’t. Therefore the new Sunday Game feature is a pile of cock. Q.E.D…