Dublin GAA Thread

Don’t think there is much doubt that Casey is not good enough to be first choice wing back on an All Ireland winning team. Dublin will have to replace him at some stage this summer.

In injury time yesterday Louth’s Crilly made a cross field run for a pass. Casey who was on his side took off in the opposite direction and ran towards his own goal. Crilly got the ball and tapped it over the bar. It was right on half time and going in at the break the Dublin players were having a right go at him.

I also remember last year against Meath, Stephen Bray took a line ball and put it wide. As the goal kick was taken Casey was jeering Bray and laughing in to his face. Bray caught the kick out and stuck the ball over the bar while Casey wasn’t sure what was going on.

It was a similar lapse in concentration that caused him to lose his man for Kerrys goal last year.

[quote=“Appendage”]Bandage you are a fraaakke.

Was leafing through the indo sports section today and there’s a picture of Alan Brogan about the receive the ball from Jayo for his goal yesterday.

Brogan is on the line and the ball is outside, implying that he will be marginally inside the “square” when the ball crosses the line.

The only point of this post is that on the Sunday Game last night, they new techo piece of scheidt was able to inconclusively prove that Brogan was well outside (as in 6ins to a foot) when he caught the ball. Which today’s picture shows he wasn’t. Therefore the new Sunday Game feature is a pile of cock. Q.E.D…[/quote]
You have no right to post anything about a RTE’s technology being a pile of cock. None whatsover, unless you are infact Paul Casey…

See now you’re being a fool.

McStay also had a whinge about players being less than 13m from the ball at the time of a free kick, even if they are opposing players.

Only paraphrasing what you said. I’m not the fool that’s sticking up for Casey!

On McStay, I actually thought he was one of the better panelists until this year. That technology segment really has him gone to the dogs. He has to pick something out no matter how miniscule it is. Usually starting off with “This is something that really annoys me Joanne, and referees are being inconsistent enforcing it.” Cue shite then like that 13m rule last week. I think there was one where the Down keeper took a quick free to his defender who was something like 12m from him and McStay wasn’t a happy camper.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Only paraphrasing what you said. I’m not the fool that’s sticking up for Casey!

On McStay, I actually thought he was one of the better panelists until this year. That technology segment really has him gone to the dogs. He has to pick something out no matter how miniscule it is. Usually starting off with “This is something that really annoys me Joanne, and referees are being inconsistent enforcing it.” Cue shite then like that 13m rule last week. I think there was one where the Down keeper took a quick free to his defender who was something like 12m from him and McStay wasn’t a happy camper.[/quote]

Criticising players is grand but personal insults are not. I’ve a difference of opinion about the chap’s abilities as a footballer but its not exactly fair to insult him on this, an internationally read sports forum on the back of a what a lad said.

That segment is bringing the show down, its no becoming more about over analysis than the games. And Pat Spillane makes me want to throw something at the TV.

For what it’s worth I think Dublin obviously can win an All Ireland with Casey in the team but I think they’d be a better team without him. Could happen next round with Brogan back which would free Moran up to drop back to half back but Andrews is more likely to drop out.

Read Charlie Redmond’s article in the Sunday World dated 15th June and he was saying that Dublin will not win an All-Ireland as long as Pillar keeps picking Paul Casey in his team. He heard that both Armagh and Kerry teams had isolated Casey as the weak point in Dublin’s defence whenever they played them.
Thats some good charlie that. Wonder does he reaf tfk.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Read Charlie Redmond’s article in the Sunday World dated 15th June and he was saying that Dublin will not win an All-Ireland as long as Pillar keeps picking Paul Casey in his team. He heard that both Armagh and Kerry teams had isolated Casey as the weak point in Dublin’s defence whenever they played them.
Thats some good charlie that. Wonder does he reaf tfk.[/quote]

That might be the first ever time I agreed with Charlie Redmond.

Pretty sure I head somewhere this morning that Dublin have picked the same team for the hurling replay - can’t see any mention of it anywhere though.

Game is not on tv by the way. Neither RT nor BBC are allowed show a game when TV3 has a game on so that TV3 can build up their audience share. That’s not the case when TV3 aren’t involved - like last Sunday when BBC showed Cavan v Armagh at the same time as RT covering Offaly v Kilkenny.

From here Rocko - http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2008/0618/laois.html?gaa

In hurling, Dublin manager Tommy Naughton has named an unchanged team for Sunday’s Leinster hurling semi-final replay with Wexford.

The sides drew at Nowlan Park on Saturday in a poor game, which saw the teams fire a total of 33 wides between them.

Dublin had led at half-time but could not hang on for a place in their first Lenister final since 1991.

DUBLIN team to play Wexford in Leinster SHC semi-final replay in Croke Park at 3.50pm:

G Maguire; N Corcoran, S Hiney, T Brady; M Carton, R Fallon, J Boland; J McCaffrey, S Lambert; J Burke, D O’Dwyer, K Flynn; D O’Callaghan, J Kelly, R O’Carroll.

Thanks Mac. I fecking hate the way RT and the Irish Times don’t organise their news properly and bury team news at the end of a different article completely. Thought Philip Brennan would have been back - not sure if he’s still injured or just not reinstated.

I heard that the Dublin footballers spent last weekend on a training camp in Wexford. They stayed in The Ferrycarrig and Pillar let them off the leash on the Saturday evening and said they could have pints in the hotel bar. Some of them took more advantage of his generosity than others and the last of the stragglers left the res bar about 5.30am. They all got a surprising knock then at 8am to go for a long distance run out on Curracloe beach and they were in bits. As far as I know, Ciarn Whelan didn’t lash out at any other hotel guests.

the dublin bogball team

S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, S O’Shaughnessy; C Moran, B Cullen, B Cahill; E Fennell, S Ryan; P Flynn, J Sherlock, B Brogan; A Brogan, C Keaney, T Quinn.

Not a bad team that. Glad to see Fennell holding his place and Moran is a much better half back that half forward and a much better half back than Casey.

Whelan on the bench is a huge call but Fennell deserved a reward for his performance the last day and Ryan is very important to the team.

[quote=“therock67”]Not a bad team that. Glad to see Fennell holding his place and Moran is a much better half back that half forward and a much better half back than Casey.

Whelan on the bench is a huge call but Fennell deserved a reward for his performance the last day and Ryan is very important to the team.[/quote]

have you met JohnJoe before?

he is on the Dublin backroom team now

Looking forward to this game and I expect it to be a tactical enough affair. Westmeath have a pretty good defence and will drop their half forwards back too but Dublin played with similar tactics against Louth and left Brogan, Quinn and Keaney isolated inside. I can see it being very physical with loads of bodies playing between the two 45s. Westmeath certainly won’t fear Dublin after beating them in the Division 2 Final and in the championship a few years back. I hope Dublin win as I think Wexford have a better chance of beating them in the final.

Dublin will win this easily cos they finally dropped Casey.

got a freebie & am just back from the GGA game, a hard fought win for Dublin, the forwards were terrible, keeneys free taking was terriblealthough Dolan missed a sitter, Former Rovers player Sherlock was the cool head when all the Dublin players were afraid to shoot

anyway Westmeath should get hammered by the CCCC for the behaviour of their water carrier- i have never seen anything like it before

[quote=“north county corncrake”]

anyway Westmeath should get hammered by the CCCC for the behaviour of their water carrier- i have never seen anything like it before[/quote]

what happened?

keeney took the water bottle off him, he grabbed it back , sprayed all the liquid in his face & squared up to him, keeney had good control not to deck him, then he started squaring up to brogan on the way off , finally him & the dublin water carrier squared up to each other