Dublin GAA Thread

I have trained with a Dublin hurler at 6am. Most lads are up and out for work anyway so no problem to them and good to get it over early.

Gavin is the one who may be upset about this. Gilroy won’t play second fiddle

Is this a euphemism?

1 Like

Gilroy will have to understand that everyone has their place in the process.

1 Like

Well according to the Messiah of S&C, the Dublin hurlers are lazy

I’d actually say Jim Gavin couldn’t give a bollix - as long as his hood isn’t threatened - and I doubt it will (this DC story to the hurlers is codswallop). Mark Schutte was never going to feature for the footballers really - he’s just bench warming. JG doesn’t give a bollix as long as (a) the Dublin footballers and (b) the county are successful. I know he did find GC objectionable - so I’d imagine he’s happier there’s someone who gives a shit about Dublin in charge

No.

1 Like

If the hurlers themselves start giving a shit ye will make some progress.

They have been an embarrassment the last 2 years

Cunningham was the embarrassment

1 Like

No. It was all the players. It was their fault 100%, the lazy, weak, flaky fuckers

I did not say that.

But someone as defensive as yourself will cherry pick words and comments from anywhere to defend your hurlers.

It was pathetic the way they walked away, basically because they were challenged. And then others couldn’t be bothered cos the chances of winning dropped.

Now of course management have huge responsibility too. But if you are going to look at Mayo, which was particularly dumb example and gave me this tap in, look at the collective will of them to challenge management. Failed overall but got some of what they wanted and kept together. Still go out and die on their feet in 2015, go back and say they wanted better.

But they stuck together. Same as Cork in 03.

Are you seriously comparing these Dublin hurlers to Mayo?:joy::joy::joy:

The Dublin hurlers revealed a serious lack of balls, character and loyalty to each other in past 2 years. They clearly think above their pay grade.

What will be interesting is will all of them survive Gilroy.

You commented on another team’s psyche issues - and it ALWAYS being a management issue
You accused the Dublin footballers of being flaky - a psyche issue - no?

What do you think it would do to the mindset of a team when the manager wouldn’t communicate with them during training?
One player - a starter - confirmed he never once spoke to Ger in training this year.

There is a history of coaches like that. And supports the notion of them being precious

But that gets away from the pkayers responsibikity.

They completely lacked unuty or leadership and also suggests Daly spoonfed them

Its clear Cunningham was not a good fit. And he may not be management material at all.
He was a good coach though.

I am not absolving him at all and the buck does stop with him.

However i have my doubts anyone will really get it out of these Dubs as they don’t have the overall collective gut for the fight

Bullshit, a manager like cunningham is poisonous. Lads alot more informed than you or me have giving plenty of examples of his shocking man management skills.

Players have no chance to fulfill their potential under these conditions. Being from Cork, you should be well aware of what this can do. You speak often enough about this in past year with respect to cork footballers.

I dont see you throwing the same shit at the cork footballers that you do at dublin hurlers.

Pot and kettle come to mind.

6 Likes

Again apples and oranges.

The Cork footballers are actually treated like shit. Not facilities, training called off last minute.

These are completely different issues.

Peadar Healy was not up to the job, no doubt about that. But they didn’t run off in the middle of the year. And they actually managed to find some performances and were a pretty unified bunch. Again in stark contrast to dublin.

And just because some gobshote here has the ear of a player does not make them well informed, it means they have one biased side to the story. The facts are teams in similar positions rallied together. Some of the dubs ran to the hills.

I know peoe involved with them from the past, and indeed involved with Cunningham. There are plenty to blame both sides. DCB did fuck all to help either by all accounts.

They are weak and flaky and it will take some job, and probably 2-3 years as well, to get that out of them.

And thats why Gilroy is the right man. But if they think they will get everything they want there as well they are fooling themselves.

Its funny that arseboxins words actually expose them completely as precious

You are one seriously deluded cunt.

Absolutely no one involved with Ger Cunninghams team would feed you a fucking morsel of any type of information/truth. You’re probably hearing stories from the same sources that are telling you about PUC being a death trap. Sure you don’t even know what’s going on within your own board, so don’t be telling us you know anything about the set up in Dublin

You’re some fucking spoofer altogether :joy:
The only ‘exposing’ here is of you. As a gobdaw

1 Like

I know a former Dub coach quite well actually.

And a college friend was Cunninghams S&C for years.

Allianz Hurling League Division 1B

Round 1: Saturday, January 27th: Dublin v Offaly
Round 2: Sunday February 4th: Antrim v Dublin
Round 3: Saturday, February 17th: Limerick v Dublin
Round 4: Sunday, February 25th: Dublin v Galway
Round 5: Sunday, March 4th: Laois v Dublin

The Galway match could have been a double header in Croker, but they’ve scheduled the footballers away to Mayo the night before. But they’ll probably do a double header of Offaly and Kildare - it’s the only option really

Will be good to get matches back in Parnell though

Dublin will win all of those games. Galway will still be celebrating their AI Win. :slight_smile:

Offaly hurling and Kildare football is a double header on January 27th.

A double header in January. :smile: