Dublin GAA Thread

They’re neither weak nor lazy

Ger Cunningham was only in it for the coin. Any other suggestion is nonsense

1 Like

Maybe or maybe not he was.

But they have certainly shown an extremely flaky streak.

Its a view shared around the country by anyone you talk to. Only Dubs, and not even all, disagree with that conclusion.

If you look, I never denied the flaky part

But to say lazy and weak is wrong. And shows what you know really

Flaky is weak and lazy.

I told you the day he was appointed he was a shit appointment. And he was.

3 Likes

That was based on Ballygunner experience?

Amongst other things yes.

I said the same. No personality to be a manager. Alienates people. And he did.

1 Like

It’s going to be fun watching Diarmuid Connolly play for the hurlers next year. He has nothing left to prove in football, so he might as well give the oul stick hurling a lash.

Pats already addressed this

http://www.dublingaa.ie/news/pat-gilroy-named-dublin-senior-hurling-manager-on-3-year-term

Fair play to Gilroy, far more to lose than gain. Its a ballsy decision, and regardless of how it turns out, that shouldn’t be forgotten.

Certainly interesting. I presume the plan is for him to surround himself with people who know what they are doing.

A brave appointment from DCB, but the right one in my opinion.

If Gilroy was to succeed it would be a unique achievement.

Changing codes went well for Sean Boylan in Meath. Clive Woodward at Southampton, not so much

1 Like

What makes you think he doesn’t?

Coaching hurling is not as complicated as the snobs try to make out

You spend your time on here telling us everyone is doing it wrong. Except for Ger Cunningham of course.

4 Likes

Whike a geavy workload, i would say this would be a puece of puss for Gilroy.

If you asked him to take an underskilled and under resourced u14 hurling team then you might have issues.

He will do a good job

Well i believe the technical model delivered by the GAA is seriously flawed, so at the very least the copy & paste merchants are doing it wrong.

Whem you hear of 1 hour sessions with kids and then are largely standing aroun idle for 48 mins of it then you know that something is amiss

I agree. Its actually an ideal time for a new manager to take over. Poor morale, shite results but a young panel with reasonable ability added to a few talented prodigal sons returning to the fold.

One thing is for sure - he has Dublin at his core and is only interested in Dublin succeeding, so at least that’s an improvement from whats gone. Be interesting to see how the lads enjoy the oul 6am sessions - we’ll see then how supposedly lazy they are

1 Like