Dublin GAA Thread

Absolutely. MW is a legend. Met him at GAA conference years ago. Nice man and very much aling the Mickey moran/Mickey ned/John fintan daly line if things. All those lads lasted the race.

1 Like

Coaching - dinosaur.
I’ve always thought he was a prick especially coming to his last days playing club. Made very unsavoury comments in 92 I think after game when Vincent’s beat Brigids to deny them going senior.

I heard a very bad rumour that he overruled the Vincent’s physio in the county final after putting his son Nathan back on after McCarthy cleaved him. Allegedly said ‘don’t let this fucking team down’. Nathan has no recollection of game and couldn’t play v Rathnew. Physio has since departed the club.

2 Likes

Mullins is and always was a thick man. However, winning a Dublin Championship with that Vincent’s team was no mean feat. They are well over the hill.

1 Like

Christ. His own son. Thats an ego thing anyway
Physio did right thing.

Sounds like the standard “this is the way we did it in my day” ex player.

That Dub final was great though, the hitting and general toughness was top class

1 Like

His father wouldn’t have got tossed around like a loaf of bread, I’d say he was embarrassed of the son

1 Like

He is a gobshite so.

It was an unbelievable hit but one anyone would have felt due to his position and lack of bracing

The video lads? Is there one of the Spielbergs knocking around with them. Production quality is off the scale

your phone would do that for you easy enough mate

Slow-motion shots with soundtrack. You’re over-estimating my phone. Or me maybe :thinking: :fearful:

Too many on the line is as bad if not worse than too few.

Daly appointed Kilmacud manager the other night.

Tsk :confused:

Dublin 1-9 to 0-6 down away to Wexford in a game we must win by 17 points to progress.

Clarke OUT!

does that Nathan character now play for Donegal?

Yep togging with them now.

1 Like

We are fucked. If we cant beat Wexford, what chance do we have in the summer?

I see ye have been recruiting again. Ye must be very well in with the feds.

From the guards? I didn’t see a wild pile coming in.

Tommy McDaniel joining I think. Heard he was a standout against UCC during the week.

1 Like

Ah yeah he’s coming from Westmeath - good bit of stuff. New manager in now - the packed defence and slow build up play gone. Gave Newtown a trimming in Drogheda this morning. He’ll link in well with O’Carroll.