Dublin GAA Thread

Paddy Power odds in for the Leinster Final - Considering they were 1/5 against Westmeath, I think Dublin are smashing value.

Dublin 1/3
Draw 15/2
Wexford 3/1

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Paddy Power odds in for the Leinster Final - Considering they were 1/5 against Westmeath, I think Dublin are smashing value.

Dublin 1/3
Draw 15/2
Wexford 3/1[/quote]

Free Money-

Get on.

We’ll be back to you next week about this lads, we’ve 2 Leinster Finals to play in the meantime that deserve our attention rather than trying to communicate with a couple of tools spouting verbal diarrhoea of the highest order here.

The Wexford team will be spewing anal diarrhoea when they step on the pitch against the mighty Dubs.

1/3. Oomphf

[quote=“Flano”]The Wexford team will be spewing anal diarrhoea when they step on the pitch against the mighty Dubs.

1/3. Oomphf[/quote]

As I said Flano, we’ll be back to you next week. In the meantime I’d suggest you buy yourself the GAA rulebook so you understand the rules of the game ahead of the Leinster Final. To give you an overview, its 15 a side, you can pick the ball up, Dublin play in blue jerseys, the match is on in Croke Park (come out of Dalymount and head towards Drumcondra - follow the train lines and you cant miss the pitch, its just off Clonliffe Road between Ballybough and Drumcondra - I’m sure you’ll find it ok. Its close to the Hill16 pub where I think the Bohs fans and Rovers fans were throwing kegs across Gardiner Street at each other a few years back).

Dublin are managed by a fella called Paul Caffrey - he’s a member of An Garda Siochana. His nickname is Pillar but this is not because he looks like a pillar, its something to do with some sort of catterpillar fetish he had as a younger child. Anyway, back to the point - the game is played on a pitch with quite large dimesions compared to soccer. You can find the 2008 rules and match regulations here to familiarise yourself with this game here - http://www.gaa.ie/page/official_guides.html

[quote=“Mac”]As I said Flano, we’ll be back to you next week. In the meantime I’d suggest you buy yourself the GAA rulebook so you understand the rules of the game ahead of the Leinster Final. To give you an overview, its 15 a side, you can pick the ball up, Dublin play in blue jerseys, the match is on in Croke Park (come out of Dalymount and head towards Drumcondra - follow the train lines and you cant miss the pitch, its just off Clonliffe Road between Ballybough and Drumcondra - I’m sure you’ll find it ok. Its close to the Hill16 pub where I think the Bohs fans and Rovers fans were throwing kegs across Gardiner Street at each other a few years back).

Dublin are managed by a fella called Paul Caffrey - he’s a member of An Garda Siochana. His nickname is Pillar but this is not because he looks like a pillar, its something to do with some sort of catterpillar fetish he had as a younger child. Anyway, back to the point - the game is played on a pitch with quite large dimesions compared to soccer. You can find the 2008 rules and match regulations here to familiarise yourself with this game here - http://www.gaa.ie/page/official_guides.html[/quote]

You cant pick the ball up from a stationary position. Yahup

Cant wait to beat Wexford who at this stage are looking to be the Michael Ballack of the Gaa Championship. All them loser medals.

RT Sport understands that Dublin footballer Colin Moran has had his four-week suspension upheld by the Central Appeals Committee.

Moran was originally handed the ban by the Central Competitions Control Committee for an incident with Westmeath’s Dermot Bannon during the Leimster semi-final.

Should he wish to appeal the decision he can take his case to the Disputes Resolution Authority.

As it stands, however, the Ballyboden St Enda’s clubman will miss the Leinster decider against Wexford on Sunday week.

Kerry, meanwhile, have been handed a major boost with the news that defender Marc S has had his proposed four weeks suspension lifted by the Central Hearings Committee.

O’Se was harshly shown a straight red card for a challenge on Cork forward Sean O’Brien during the Munster GAA Football Championship Final last Sunday.

However, he immediately launched an appeal against the sending off and last night was successful in his case with the Central Hearing Committee in Croke Park.

It looks like Dublin’s quarter-final will be as part of a double-header with either the Galway or Armagh games on Saturday August 9th. This will obviously mean a reduced Dublin support in the stadium. Apparently the team was given the option of having their game put back to Saturday 16th but refused as all the training is geared toward peaking for next Saturday. The GAA have made a bit of a fixtures cock up with this one imo. The qualifiers didn’t start until July 19th which means that the games are coming thick and fast now with not much room to manouevre the dates. Galway or Armagh will almost certainly have to play their Q/F outside Croker which I find a bit unfair.

GAA will lose out on revenue, but you will see the geunine Dublin fans there and not the beered up ole ole brigade. Clubs will distribute tickets, always a good thing within the GAA. Also it will dilute the obvious advantage Dublin get when they get to play in front of a packed HIll and Croker.

Interesting that the Dublin players are putting the gearing up of training ahead of the mystical appeal of the Hill and a packed stadium. They’re right, but I just didnt think they’d do it.

By the way, I dont believe for a second they wont be given a stand alone when it comes to it.

We weren’t given a stand-alone fixture in 2002 or 2004 and had to go to Thurles in 2001 - we will see happens.

Both years ye were in the back door and I believe neither were 1/4 finals, but I am open to correction on that one…?

2002 we won Leinster and the hype was the same as it is this year - the Q/F v Donegal was on the same bill as Cork v Mayo on the bank holiday Monday - 01 and 04 was through the back door alright.

Fiar nuff, the first one was though.

I would argue that the bandwagon now though is far worse than 2002 no matter how much Lyons hyped it up.

[quote=“myboyblue”]. Also it will dilute the obvious advantage Dublin get when they get to play in front of a packed HIll and Croker.

Interesting that the Dublin players are putting the gearing up of training ahead of the mystical appeal of the Hill and a packed stadium. They’re right, but I just didnt think they’d do it.

By the way, I dont believe for a second they wont be given a stand alone when it comes to it.[/quote]

MBB you’ve experienced a packed croke park with the Dublin bandwagon in tow…do you not think the crowd is a double edged sword…if they are going well the crowd erupts…but if they make mistakes the crowd savage them with the same alarcity…and this definitely affects the players’ confidence…i also reckon any crowd trouble that will happen with Dublin will be internal…between a bandwagon scumbag and a genuine supporter…

I hope no trouble ever does break out, but if it does I hope the true blue absolutely beats the banwagonner to a pulp.

I do agree its a double edged sword, but there’s a huge difference between the quiet that comes when Dublin arent going well and the mayhem that erupts when all is going well.

Not the Dublin players fault mind you that they have such a huge fanbase, I guess it can have its negatives too.

[quote=“myboyblue”]I hope no trouble ever does break out, but if it does I hope the true blue absolutely beats the banwagonner to a pulp.

.[/quote]

an incident happened last summer…about 3 scumbag blokes and 2 girls layed into some man who was there with his kid after derry match walking out of the Cusack stand…the man got a few boots in the face while on the ground… my mate jumped in and dragged two of them off the man…he reckons a guard and a load of other people just stood there watching it…it was on AFR the next day but not a word anywhere else…

Fucking hell thats shocking. I witnessed a few bad ones the day of the 2007 LF but to be honest I just got sick of talking about them. Shit happens, but it doesnt make it ok.

Congrats to the Dubs on their new Training Center. Looks impressive.

1 Like