Dublin GAA Thread

Are these the same fans who fucked the flare at Redmond Barry when he took a penalty last year? That constantly abuse every goalie that stands in front of them?

I reckon you need to take a deep breath or two Mac. It was obviously a ridiculous statement from dancingbaby. In his theory, Wexford should have held back once they knew Meath had mentally and physically gone because to beat them would have made for a lesser Leinster Final. You go out each day to win and we were better than Meath, as we’ve consistently been in recent years what with last month’s win being our 5th against them in succession, and so we ended up beating them. Frankly, I don’t give a fook if their absence takes away from the day for Dublin supporters or traditionalists. We are Wexford and we’ll be there to win!

It only takes away from the day for the Dub supporters cos they might know one player on the opposition team ie Geraghty.
Sure they probably won’t even notice it’s Wexford they’re playing. With the drugs and drink taken.
I think it’s vital for us to get off to a good start in the first 10 minutes before the Dublin fans arrive.

No need for a deep breath at all lad, I’m as calm as the pope in a brothel. Was just pointing out that DB’s logic was so far wrong and if applied to his own beloved province how would he feel? Anyway, not to worry, we’ll look forward to July 20th now and the build up to it.

Although I am looking forward to the banter with the scumbag Dublin fans:

“Sure youz lads are only a hooooorrrrrling county”

“Fuck sake Micko - we shudda stayaed in Courtown for the day”

“Who will we go battering later on Toto”

[quote=“Pikeman”]It only takes away from the day for the Dub supporters cos they might know one player on the opposition team ie Geraghty.
Sure they probably won’t even notice it’s Wexford they’re playing. With the drugs and drink taken.
I think it’s vital for us to get off to a good start in the first 10 minutes before the Dublin fans arrive.[/quote]

really looking forward to this game now- planning to get off my tits on a fuckload of drinks & drugs-

Last time we played them in the championship in 2005, some big, huge, ugly mess of a bird leaned down from 3 rows behind us and shoved Jugs four or five times in the back when Sherlock got the late goal solely because he was wearing a Wexford jersey. Actually, maybe it was because he’s a ginger paedo now that I think about it. Anyway, Jugs turned around, stretched forward and shoved her a few times back. Then her bloke got involved and Jugs and yer man were shoving each other. Great stuff.

NCC, I thought you were from County Fingal. Will you be attending this game as a neutral?

I can see why people would want a Dublin Meath final.To me those matches in the late 80’s and early 90’s forged one of the greatest and most honourable rivalaries I have witnessed in any sport between Two groups of players who didn’t particularly like each other but had enormous respect for eachother.It was war when they played.But it was left on the field.No crying in the media afterwards.No quarter asked or given.Some of the hardest players i have ever seen play the game… Heery,Barr,O’Rourke,Harnan,lyons…Great games…It was only when Meath started beating up Cork in ‘89,90’ tyrone and Mayo in 96’ that the public at large considered them dirty…I was alright though when them and The dubs went at it…

a bit of reality here…I’d imagine that was one fan who threw the flare…hardly a group effort…Dublin do have a lot of scum following them but its probably the same percentage as other counties have when you take into account the huge following they bring…didn’t a mayo fan throw something at donaghy in the league…kerry fan hit paudie coming off the field in croker when he was manager…tyrone fans booing Mickey harte’s son…peter withnell’s mam got a hiding back in the day form a Derry fan…

[quote=“Bandage”]Last time we played them in the championship in 2005, some big, huge, ugly mess of a bird leaned down from 3 rows behind us and shoved Jugs four or five times in the back when Sherlock got the late goal solely because he was wearing a Wexford jersey. Actually, maybe it was because he’s a ginger paedo now that I think about it. Anyway, Jugs turned around, stretched forward and shoved her a few times back. Then her bloke got involved and Jugs and yer man were shoving each other. Great stuff.

NCC, I thought you were from County Fingal. Will you be attending this game as a neutral?[/quote]

No , if I go Ill be cheering on Cullen, Flynn Ryan Quinn & any other Fingalians

Moran gets a 4 week ban

[quote=“Mac”]So using that logic we should hope for a Galway Mayo final in Connacht every year?

[/quote]

Not necessarily - if Wexford bring the 20,000 or so that should ensure a full house, then Im sure there will be a decent atmosphere. I have my doubts though.

Any Connacht final would be full to the brim so the pairings dont necessarily matter although Galway and Mayo is a huge rivalry, as is say Leitrim and Roscommon.

[quote=“Bandage”]I reckon you need to take a deep breath or two Mac. It was obviously a ridiculous statement from dancingbaby. In his theory, Wexford should have held back once they knew Meath had mentally and physically gone because to beat them would have made for a lesser Leinster Final. You go out each day to win and we were better than Meath, as we’ve consistently been in recent years what with last month’s win being our 5th against them in succession, and so we ended up beating them. Frankly, I don’t give a fook if their absence takes away from the day for Dublin supporters or traditionalists. We are Wexford and we’ll be there to win!

[/quote]

If you think Dublin vs Meath would be a lesser occasion than Dublin vs Wexford Bandage, you are deluded.

A friend of mine was at the Wexford vs Meath match as a neutral (bird is from Meath) and said it was a travesty that Meath lost. Having watched the game in full on Setanta a couple of days after, I agree with him.

Fact is Joe Sheridan had a good goal disallowed that would have finished the match…the lads on the Sunday Game mentioned that night that if the game had been tighter it would have been allowed. Meath can feel very hard done by but I think their summer is far from over.

Of course Wexford people shouldnt give a fcuk - but don’t kid yourself about the merits of this team. As mentioned before, I think Dublin will win by 6 or 7 points and if you meet Meath later on, I know where my money will be going

[quote=“Bandage”]Jugs turned around, stretched forward and shoved her a few times back.

[/quote]

Hooligan

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]If you think Dublin vs Meath would be a lesser occasion than Dublin vs Wexford Bandage, you are deluded.

A friend of mine was at the Wexford vs Meath match as a neutral (bird is from Meath) and said it was a travesty that Meath lost. Having watched the game in full on Setanta a couple of days after, I agree with him.

Fact is Joe Sheridan had a good goal disallowed that would have finished the match…the lads on the Sunday Game mentioned that night that if the game had been tighter it would have been allowed. Meath can feel very hard done by but I think their summer is far from over.

Of course Wexford people shouldnt give a fcuk - but don’t kid yourself about the merits of this team. As mentioned before, I think Dublin will win by 6 or 7 points and if you meet Meath later on, I know where my money will be going[/quote]

Wexford beat Meath for the 5th time in a row in league and championship. We’ve beaten them in championship in 2006 and 2008. Ergo, Wexford are better than Meath. Fair enough, you support Leitrim so naturally you’re going to say that the team that lost really deserved to win. That’s what Leitrim supporters having been doing nearly every summer since the association began. The final pairing is decided based on who wins the games to get to that point rather than which support brings the most colour and atmosphere unfortunately. Were it different then I dare say our own Celtic would be in the Champions League final every single year.

You and 40,000 other Dubs it seems.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Not necessarily - if Wexford bring the 20,000 or so that should ensure a full house, then Im sure there will be a decent atmosphere. I have my doubts though.

Any Connacht final would be full to the brim so the pairings dont necessarily matter although Galway and Mayo is a huge rivalry, as is say Leitrim and Roscommon.[/quote]

Connact Finals are full to the brim cos they’re played in a stadium with a capacity of 20,000 - 30,000. If there was a stadium the size of Croker in the West it would be half empty, guaranteed.

How full are these stadiums for the Connacht Hurling final-no wait…

[quote=“Mac”]Connact Finals are full to the brim cos they’re played in a stadium with a capacity of 20,000 - 30,000. If there was a stadium the size of Croker in the West it would be half empty, guaranteed.

[/quote]

Until there is a stadium the size of Croke Park in Connacht, we will never know so lets not get into hypothetical issues.

Utter utter tripe. If you cant sell out a ground for 20 or 30 thousand how would you do it for a ground with 80,000?

[quote=“Mac”]Utter utter tripe. If you cant sell out a ground for 20 or 30 thousand how would you do it for a ground with 80,000?

[/quote]

McHale Park will be packed on Sunday week