Dundee Utd vs. Celtic

Well lads, how we will line up for this one? I presume Lennon will ring the changes again - I would like to see Ibrahim and McCourt start, think Watt might get a chance up top with Hooper as well.

Rumours that Ibrahim will start and I’d like to see that anyway. Would like another look at Lustig at right back or in a back 3 too.

Forster;
Lustig, Loovens, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; Matthews, Brown, Ledley, Commons;
Hooper, Stokes.

Or could be wing backs with Lustig one of 3 central defenders.

Lustig and Stokes for Wanyama and Samaras seem to be the only changes versus the team that mauled the huns last Sunday. Expect to see a back 3 again.

As an aside, did any of you see the SPFA Team of the Year? 5 Dundee United players in it and 4 from Celtic! :o

I’d imagine it’s a back three with Matthews and Izzy as wing backs.

Yeah team looked like a 4-4-2 the way it was presented on twitter but a 3-5-2 looks most likely and that’s what I’d like to see anyway.

SUBS:[left]Zaluska, Bangura, McGeouch, Watt, Wanyama, Ibrahim, Rogne
[/left]

Stokes on twitter last night:

[font=verdana]It doesn’t seem quite so long ago…[/font]

[font=verdana] :clap:[/font] :clap:[font=verdana] :ireland:[/font]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Loovens injured in warm-up so Rogne coming into team.

Anyone promoted to the bench in his place? Rogne has arguably been our most improved player this season.

[soccer]
[gk]Forster[/gk]
[rcb]Lustig[/rcb]
[cb]Rogne[/cb]
[lcb]Mulgrew[/lcb]
[rwb]Matthews[/rwb]
[lwb]Izaguirre[/lwb]
[rcm]Brown[/rcm]
[lcm]Ledley[/lcm]
[cam]Commons[/cam]
[lst]Stokes[/lst]
[rst]Hooper[/rst]
[/soccer]

That’s a very strong team actually. And they should be more than capable of winning and hopefully winning in style.

Rogne was very assured on Thursday night apparently. No problem with him coming into the centre of the three.

I think playing Loovens was an opportunity for him to play for a deal here or somewhere else. Rogne certainly won’t weaken us today.

They’ve left Russell out which is a bit of a surprise. Obviously they want to pack the midfield more to counter our five but he’s a decent player and has caused us problems before. Daly should be easier to handle if he gets isolated.

Expecting big performances from the front 3.

Cha gets the last bench spot.

Richie Ryan, ex Sligo Rovers, playing the deep playmaker role in their midfield five.

Fans in fine voice. :clap:

5 Irishmen in the Dundee Utd starting XI.

Looked like Izzy was clearly being impeded there.

Magnificent support.